What kind of music do you listen to?

Jamal

Aug 13, 2006
I am an avid music lover and that is part of the reason that I am so interested in the iPhone! I listen to all types of music but mostly like hip-hop and rap. I am really into 50cent, Llyod Banks, The Game, TuPac, and stuff like them!

Savannah

Aug 11, 2006
I listen to mostly pop/rock music and like just about all of it. I am a huge fan of Panic@TheDisco and the Killers, so if anyone here likes either of them feel free to chat it up with me.

techie

Aug 23, 2006
I have been listening to this band called Hinder lately. They have some great music out and I am so glad that I had found out about them the other day on my Sirius radio. They have this song called " Lips of and Angel" that is just amazing.

razz

Aug 23, 2006
Hi guys, i like various types of music but im mostly listening to j-pop artists like Boa and ayumi hamasaki, i love japanese music, you should try it, there are not that much good music in the u.s. thats worth listening to right now:rolleyes:

InTheLBC.

Bronze
Apr 1, 2007
Palmdizzy.
all i really listen to is rap.
Wu-Tang
Visionaries
Mos-Def
Jay-Z
stuff like that.

palomaaa

Apr 1, 2007
Philippines
Me, I like most for listening are instrumental jazz music like that of Tadao Hayashi, George Benson, etc.

I like folk music also, especially if I'm into singing...

Mar 27, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Good day to us all,

Actually, I enjoy the oldies (and the biggest shock for me was listening to the local oldies station and they started playing music that I remember coming out when I was growing up! sheesh! LOL :oops: ).

Since I also dance hula, I listen to Hawaiian music; I love the poetry of the langauge and trying to find the hidden meanings in the songs. I know that since I will be going to school on the mainland, I will be putting as many Hawaiian songs on my iPod as I can to keep me company on the cold mornings.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I listen to The Used, MyChemical Romance and a host of others. I also still a great love for the 80's.

-Chris

kb2003

Apr 2, 2007
I'll confess my love for the 80s too (the Fall and the Cure in particular); recently I'm liking more ambient music like American Analog Set and Broken Social Scene; but my first love is classic country (Dolly, Elvis, Emmylou, Gram Parsons, Wanda Jackson) and I'm enjoying a lot of the psychadelic folk coming out of Brooklyn (where I lay my head) these days.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
mychemicalromance, gymclassheros, lupefiasco, gnarlsbarkly, +others. Writers block :)

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Late to the thread. I have a very eclectic music collection. Thrash metal, a cappella, large classical library, classic rock, a vast array of 80s/new wave, folk, R&B, a selective splash of country, and even some new age to name a bunch. I also play and own a lot of an underappreciated genre: bluegrass.

You can see why I'm a little concerned about the iPhone's storage capacity.

-K

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Late to the thread. I have a very eclectic music collection. Thrash metal, a cappella, large classical library, classic rock, a vast array of 80s/new wave, folk, R&B, a selective splash of country, and even some new age to name a bunch. I also play and own a lot of an underappreciated genre: bluegrass.

You can see why I'm a little concerned about the iPhone's storage capacity.

-K
yes, better go for the 8GB version! That's my plan ;)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just checked him out. Good stuff! "Don't Let Them Take You Down" evokes a post-grunge "We Didn't Start The Fire." "In The Modern World" is a great tune.

-K
I'm a big fan and have converted a number of my friends. I don't think they have much of a choice as I'm regularly buying them tickets for Jesse's shows. He's a NY guy, so he's always playing the Bowery or some NY club. I keep telling them, "You will thank me when he's bigger than Springsteen. You'll be able to say, I saw Jesse when he was playing clubs." I was very into the 80's rock scene and he used to front D-Generation. It took a while for me to understand the folk transition, but then I finally got it. He definitely still has that edge to his stuff and that's what I love.

Go checkout Brooklyn... that's by far "the" song that defines him.

-Chris

BTW, I don't seriously think he'll ever be as big as Bruce... but I do expect big things. Like most artists, he just needs the exposure.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I keep telling them, "You will thank me when he's bigger than Springsteen. You'll be able to say, I saw Jesse when he was playing clubs."
Funny you mentioned that. I saw Hootie & The Blowfish at the Wetlands in the summer of '94, just before "Hold My Hand" broke out. (Say what y'all want about them, it was a terrific show ending with a great cover of "Love The One You're With.")

Sad thing: Wetlands is no longer there (fell to the same realty forces that killed CBGB's). Ever hear God Street Wine, a now-defunct band that used to play there?

-K