What kind of touchscreen software do you want to see on the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 13, 2007
So, what kind of software programs would you like to see take advantage of the multi-touch screen, whether it's a Web 2.0 app or not? I'd like to see a iphone-ified version of Orb or some other type of media streaming software, but have it actually have an option where the program plays the media through the computer, turning the iPhone into a media remote for the computer, rather than a remote media viewer.

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
So, what kind of software programs would you like to see take advantage of the multi-touch screen, whether it's a Web 2.0 app or not? I'd like to see a iphone-ified version of Orb or some other type of media streaming software, but have it actually have an option where the program plays the media through the computer, turning the iPhone into a media remote for the computer, rather than a remote media viewer.
I personally would like them to convert the ipod games to be playable on the iPhone (ie: Poker Texas Hold-em).

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Games would be fun, I'd personally really like to see a version of iChat... Other than that, I think the iPhone comes with everything I'd like to use on a phone. Its perfect for me :) haha

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
My first request would be a turn by turn GPS (for use with a bluetooth gps receiver).

My second request would be for a profile manager. This may even be able to be accomplished with a widget instead of a full blown app. Basically I just want to be able to setup a schedule to change iPhone parameters (like ringtone and volume) based on time and day of the week. Since I always have my phone on my person at work, I want it in vibrate mode or to have the volume on the ringtone set to low. At night and on weekends when I am home, I often walk away from my phone and prefer the volume to be set to max. It would be great if these changes could happen automatically.

My final request would be for a password manager. I am just looking for a secure/encrypted place to store info like credit card #s, password, etc.