What made you decide to get an iPhone?

rmfnla

Bronze
I resisted the iPhone at first because I like really thin phones and the iPhone is kinda big compared to some (like a Razr or a Samsung).

A friend got an iPod Touch and I really liked the interface. I went to the Apple store to check out the iPhone but wasn't convinced at first; just too big. Then I saw the calendar feature and realized I could retire my Filofax, essentially reducing my daily load by half.

The rest, as they say, is iPhone love affair history...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Its really not that big....thickness wise anyways.

The first thing that made me want it was that it was a touch screen (this was back when it was the only touch screen) and almost no buttons. After that, it was things like the accelerometer, actual internet (minus flash), and iPod.

hanizulfi

Sep 9, 2008
for me the fractor was that its an ipod and a phone :) ...i honestly think its the ultimate gadget and u can never get bored with it :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I was amazed by the touch screen. Everyday I use it, I think about how much I love it. Even with the faults, I never have regreted my purchase of v1 or 3G.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well i live in a technological crippled town and i had a chance to use and iPhone that a friend of mine had gotten. i played around with it and i was hooked on all of its features. this was a V1 so i went until the 3G came out to put my addiction at rest. i could not simply pay that damn much for a V1.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
For me, it was the all-in-one aspect of the iPhone. I love having my iPod with everywhere I go. I love being able to have the full Internet at my disposable whenever I can't get on my laptop. And I love how it all fits in a small, sexy package.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
After several years & way too many models, I saw the iPhone as a fresh break in how to interact with one's phone beyond calling. The OS X meant one got a REAL OS and not some patch work OS and, of course the interface & touch screen were pure Apple. (Been an Apple fan since....gonna date myself here....apple ][. :cool: )

The hardest part was waiting for the 2G unit (for bugs and such to be worked out). To me, it ranks as the best cell phone I've ever owned (and I've been using cells since 1989).

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
I was taught to be against it because I have been a blackberry user for FOREVER.
I was at the Apple store a couple of weeks ago checking out ipods and I played with one.. I went to AT&T and bought it the next day.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
After I saw a friend's Ipod touch, I knew I had to have the iPhone. It took forever to get my husband to agree in getting me one but he finally broke down. He end up getting one too!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sheer jealousy.

I harped on for months about how the iPhone didn't bring anything new to the party. It was just a pretty interface with less functionality than phones that were already on the market (including the one I had at the time)

Then my buddy Jeremy got one... I took him to the AT&T store to get it and activated it for him (he didn't have a computer at the time). The whole time I'm arguing with my wife because she knows I had my heart set on getting one. She now has one, too. Anyway, I went back that day, while Jeremy was suffering through activation woes (took 2 weeks eventually till he had a working iPhone), I activated my phone no problem and we were all in heaven.

The touchscreen, the user interface, the BROWSER, the camera (yes, the camera did, and still does, impress me)... everything was just so perfectly thought-out. I was bummed about missing features, but I didn't care... I dove right in and never looked back.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I love getting new technology. I got the Razr when it was first released and eventually jumped around to different smart phones. I had the BlackJack when the January keynote occurred and decided after seeing it that I had to have an iPhone. That was a very long 6 months but it certainly paid off.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
For me, it was a fluke,

I HATED Apple, for nor reason other than I felt that they were smug, and that came from all the anti-Apple talk from PC users. So I was at the mall with my wife and we walked past the Apple store. It was pretty empty and I wanted to see what the v1 iPhone was all about. I went over to a display and messed with the phone for litteraly 2 minutes before an Apple worker came up to me and in that two minutes I knew I had to have one. So I said "one please!" (existing AT&T customer), my wife then gave me that look and I said "make that two". 10 minutes and 800 dollars later, we were on our way.

Since then, I have the 3G and my wife still has her v1. I also too am now a complete Apple convert and am waiting till October 14th to see what's coming for the mac book to buy one I'm done with shifty PC crap. So that's why sig says what it does.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Apple has made me a believer as well. im looking into getting a mac but i don't have anywhere or know anyone that has one for me to mess around with. i think of the things the iPhone does and i imagine how well a macbook would work. the price is pretty steep though.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
for me initially back in 2007. it was really about having the internet and the email on a phone. another part of me was just i needed a new electronic fix of the hippest, newest thing. i needed to be the first person on the block, all my friends to get a $600 phone.later it was a sweet ipod for school and i didn't need my big classic with me all the time.

buying the 3g was a no brainer. i needed 3g!, and i liked the new hardwar, software issues that had been fixed!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I resisted the iPhone at first because I like really thin phones and the iPhone is kinda big compared to some (like a Razr or a Samsung).

A friend got an iPod Touch and I really liked the interface. I went to the Apple store to check out the iPhone but wasn't convinced at first; just too big. Then I saw the calendar feature and realized I could retire my Filofax, essentially reducing my daily load by half.

The rest, as they say, is iPhone love affair history...
I was hooked the day Steve introduced it during the keynote back in Jan/Feb '07. I couldn't wait. When 6/29 finally came, I was the first one to walk out the door with one at about 6:15 pm.