What made you purchase a 16GB or 32GB model?

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I bought a 16GB model, and would really like a 32GB model (cutting back on spending), but I don't think I'll come close to even using half of 16 gigs. If anything, I'll just wait until next year (if I can hold out that long) to purchase 32GB if Apple introduces a 64GB model.

I know most of us have already gotten the iPhone 4, but I was curious as to WHY you decided to purchase a 16 or 32GB model.

sirsamuels

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
This is my first iPhone, I don't believe that i will use the majority of it. My work playlist is on my ipod and that holds 160gb. But I also want to see if they will make a 64gb.

NYsBadApple

Jul 5, 2010
Upstate NY
Unfortunately in my case it was money that decided I was to have the 16 instead of 32...But on another note 16 gigs is a lot of room for the average individual.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Bigger is better? LOL Seriously to me it all about your needs (space) and your budget. All the features of this great toy are all the same no matter what the storage size.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I have always had a 16 gig (even my V1 was a 16gig). I have never needed more space. If I had the extra cash I would have probably gone for a 32, but considering that I am still a student for 6 more months I don't have extra cash laying around. I don't have a problem with picking and choosing what is on my phone, I am actually very anal about keeping my phone "neat". When I make videos and stuff I will just upload them to my computer and delete them off my phone. I don't need to have my entire video and music library on my phone at once. A LOT fits.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
i had the 16gb 3g and i never used all the space so decided to stick with the 16. I have plenty of movies on it and music and have no issues syncing iTunes to change it up. it's just really a preference based on you lifestyle. Some love to carry all the music with them and that's cool too. Me, i like playlists.

Evolution8mr

Bronze
May 28, 2010
north carolina
I guess I'm first. I purchased a 16 gig and it's mostly used for music and I could see getting a bigger size if I wanted to add more things like videos or a massive collection of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

sirsamuels

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
i had the 16gb 3g and i never used all the space so decided to stick with the 16. I have plenty of movies on it and music and have no issues syncing iTunes to change it up. it's just really a preference based on you lifestyle. Some love to carry all the music with them and that's cool too. Me, i like playlists.
i agree with that. well said.

TarHeelsRule

Bronze
Dec 31, 2008
South Carolina
I had a 8gb 3G and it was full. I like keeping all my music with me so I decided I was going for the 32gb. Now that I have it I haven't really put anything else on it so I have a lot of space that I probably won't be using. Especially since I am considering getting an iPad. But at least I know I have the room if I need it.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I had 32GB 3GS...kept it at about 20GB, with HD video, I'll probably fill this one up. I wish they had introduced a 64GB version with the iPhone 4.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
16GB, for me simple enough-don't need the 32. I have a 16 GB 3GS and my 16 GB iPhone 4 is in transit. I don't store movies and TV shows or videos. (just a handful of videos on it right now)I have some music, (about 10 hours worth) but not loads. Mostly use my iPhone for apps and internet. I have a ton of space free on my 3GS, more than 11 GB in fact, even with 120 apps and pictures! So totally no need to get the 32. But I so use my phone everyday.

CamXCollins

Bronze
Jun 4, 2010
I decided to go with the 32GB because my music alone if 15.14 GB. That is without movies, videos, photos, apps, or the OS so I decided I needed a 32Gb this time around.

Kingkorea

Mar 9, 2009
My x2 3g I had was 32gb. X2 3GS 32gb x1 3GS 16gb and now my iPhone 4 32gb. I need the space because of all my music,apps,photos,and lots of shows. Would have gotten a 64gb if they had it so I would be able to fit all my shows at once. I would honestly love if they made like a 120gb But don't even see a 64 anytime soon =\

Bgimpie

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I'll never use a 32 gig bought one though because when the iPhone first came out I said I'll switch to AT&T if the iPhone goes to 32 gig so I held my word and got it for the first iPhone ever starting with the 4. And resell is worth more so that 100 easily comes back at the end

leehookem21

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
I got a 32 gig because of HD recording mostly, and because more space is always better. If they'd had a 64 gig I would have gotten that.
same here. add pictures to that too. I have a 15 month old little girl and don't want to miss anything.