What media player does iPhone use?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I want to put a video on my web site so i can just go to it on my iPhone and watch it. What media type would i use to watch the movie?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Done that

I've done it. You have to use a Quicktime file in .m4v format. I have several full length movies on my website in that format and they load perfectly. Don't use .mov format. The files have a 10 Mb limit.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
So like i can take the family guy box set and put a dvd in the computer and then convert the episodes to .m4v and then upload to my site and watch them?

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
If you use "export to iPod or iTunes" inQuicktime, it will automatically get it to the right size, usually something like 320x240.
What programs will i need to convert it and everything? I am currently installing Videora. Is this all im going to need?

ALso is there any site that i can download good free movies? If not then ima gonna go rent some.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Don't know much about PC's

What programs will i need to convert it and everything? I am currently installing Videora. Is this all im going to need?
But you can get Quicktime Pro for PC (downloadable from Apple). At $29, it's a good investment for anybody with an iPhone or iPod (especially if you have avi files, which won't play on iPhone). If you need a program to rip DVD's, then I don't know what PC users do.