What New Applications Do You Want?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The SDK has been out for months. Apple should open up iTunes for new apps in June. What 3rd party software would you like to see on your iPhone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Top of my list is video recording. I can live without MMS, Bluetooth, etc.

- John

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Translator

I'm looking for langauge translator application. NOT a web app. A stand alone langauge translator like the Widget on Mac's or just like the Web App already out. Web Apps are NO good if you are over seas on a trip and have Edge turned off or in Airplane mode so you don't get charged for Data.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking for langauge translator application. NOT a web app. A stand alone langauge translator like the Widget on Mac's or just like the Web App already out. Web Apps are NO good if you are over seas on a trip and have Edge turned off or in Airplane mode so you don't get charged for Data.
Cool. I know what you mean. I took my iPhone to Lithuania, and it was half-usable because of the cost for Edge and long distance.

applecart

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
miami, fl
just 2 basic wants video record and MMS (my friends laugh when i tell them the iPhone lacks). can't wait to yell "in yo face!"

oh, and get rid of that default email, can i just draft and then decide the origination address. thank u!

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
and some of this is what makes me love jailbreaking

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Some bad*** games. And if no summerboard & customize, I'll stay jailbroke.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
a want a driving game where you turn the iPhone to steer, but i want it to be in landscape mode. i have raging thunder but it is way to hard to steer because you have to use it in portrait mode :(

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I would want a washington mutual web app, A movie listing web app, but where I can see a preview. I know they have that already, but a native app is better. I want a flash player, cut and paste, and the ability to delete more than one email at a time. MMS would be nice too. I would also like a PS3 app, where I will have access playstation home (when it comes out). I would also LOVE a sling player. I want a ESPN highlight recap of the previous days sports.

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
sequential event log

Like to have an app that time stamped and dated any entry that i make. This would be an ongoing log type application that automatically time and date stamped any entry when added.

also be neat to have a keyword search that could be used to find entries when the list gets long.

thanks

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Wow,I just want to see that AIM app that they demo'ed back in January, and a nice ebook reader. There are some great ones out there now, like ruBook but I worry that when 2.0 software come out I won't be able to install my apps again cause I would have to wait till the 2.0 software is jailbroken. A good ebook reader would go a long way!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
SLINGPLAYER. I would be content if this is the only worthwhile app to come out of the SDK... although i doubt that'll be the case.

And maybe some apps to replace flash-based websites like Pandora, Radio, or Sports trackers.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
video recorder and mms. i would be happy with getting those. IMO i think the iPhone should have had both of those to begin with.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Wow...I really miss my password application from my Treo 650--SPLASH ID!

Any secure password program would be welcome as long as it syncs with my MacBook Pro.

That followed by a copy/paste app would be awesome. Everything else is gravy...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
an application to make iPhone alerts pop-up on your computer screen, and compose text messages when it's connected would be awesome. Motorola had an app that would do this with a Razr, so why not iPhone? Apple's all about synergy, after all...

slingshot110

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
SF, CA
Two Board Game Classics

Risk & Yahtzee. Imagine using the accelerometer to shake the dice!