What Options missing from new 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by medenblik, Sep 10, 2013.

1. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I feel the 128GIG option is missing from 5S.....

really bummed about that, but i will survive with a 64GIG 5S

2. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

A BIGGER SCREEN! ;)

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The option to pre-order it starting September 13th. That's certainly missing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

A HUGE +1 here! Didn't think about that. It's so weird that they aren't doing 5s pre-orders. Do they think that the rush will be for the 5c?

5. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

Yeah I agree. Bigger screen and preorder are missing.

Larger screen probably for ip6.

5S should if had 128G option as well as preorder.

6. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

No way the 5C will have that much if a rush. But stranger things have happened. :)

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Maybe they want to get the die-hards who must have their 5S on launch date inside brick-and-mortar Apple stores so they are tempted by all the other lovely merchandise. Having stayed up all night camping out and likely being sleep-deprived as a result, they are prone to make additional impulse purchases while in the store.

8. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

a pre-order date

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The lack of a pre-order date could be related to supply constraints. Who knows how many of those fancy new Touch ID sensors they've got completed. If that's not it, it could be a move to increase PR around next Friday. If they felt demand would be lower for the iPhone 5S, removing the pre-order option keeps crowds in front of Apple Stores next Friday.

If foot traffic was light, can you imagine the press? There were articles last night about the iPhone 5S being a failure of sorts. I'm not talking about five and dime blogs. I saw one on CNN Money.

10. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Biggest things for me is the 128GB. I think I'll hold onto my iPhone 5 until that option becomes available. Just glad I did not opt in for the AT&T Next Plan.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Apple has never seemed to care about the press, they know they will sell millions of handsets with good or bad press. "Any publicity is good publicity" :)

12. beautifulliar

beautifulliar Member
    Bronze

All I wanted was a 128 GB iPhone :( I noticed in the video they displayed a huge collection of pics on an iPhone 5s. Apple, how could we possibly keep that many pics + games + apps + music + video on 64 GB's? They offer us items that take up a lot of room, and keep the capacity the same? Better graphics, means the game files will be bigger. I'l likely upgrade to the 5s, but I'm not excited about it whatsoever :-/ At this point, 128 GB is a MUST. I'm going to constantly need to be deleting stuff to keep things under 64 GB's.

13. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I know this is a hardware design thing but I really really wanted the head phone jack to be at the top of the phone again. I hate it at the bottom of the phone!

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I am holding out until next year in hopes of a bigger screen. I have an S3 for work and I am loving the larger screen and hoping Apple goes with a 4.8 inch for the 6.

15. prott1

prott1 Member
    Bronze

Ditto, exactly what you said... Stinking ridiculous that they don't increase to a 128GB phone.. Like you, I've got tons of stuff on mine and will now have to start considering getting rid of stuff I don't use that often.. Sucks pretty bad..

16. prott1

prott1 Member
    Bronze

For me the lack or a pre-order sucks. To think that all these bozo's are going to have their crappy new 5C before me is horrible! So much for being a loyal customer! Now we'll all be waiting til the following week to get the phone... And NO 128GB, what are they thinking in this time of huge files being in everything you download to the phone.. Lastly, I understand the whole one handed operation thing with the smaller screen, but they need to offer something bigger than what's current.. it's just time! :mad: :cry:

17. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

Pre-order..... well the lack of.....

Sent using iCafe app

18. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I've got to agree with the lack of 128Gb. I do come close to filling up my 64Gb and would love to have the extra space.

But what really bugs me about it is that the price points are the same. Still $200 for 48Gb extra? That's hard for me to justify again, and just makes the lack of an SD card more painful.

19. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

What do have, 9-choices in color. The rainbow set of the 5c and 3-optionsfor 5s? I'm a simple dude. Not a fan of the colors. Don't see a choice for me.

Odd I realize, since we now have many vs. the old standard of two, but I like the black. Not the spacey grey-black, but black.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The grey iPhone does remind me a bit of the original iPhone, though.