What should I get? iPhone 4, iPhone 4s or wait for iPhone 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vos.sabes

Oct 16, 2011
Hello all, I read some of the latest threads and only one asked this question with only a hand full of replies.
Currently I don't have an iPhone but I do own an iPad 2 jailbroken.
My dilemma comes from the ability to jailbrake the iPhone. I know is not yet possible on the iPhone 4s. But it is possible on iPhone 4. I just have this feeling that the ip4s will take a long time to be jailbroken.
Should I get the iPhone 4 and get it jb and then wait for the iPhone 5.... Or just get the ip4s now?
Thanks in advance
jr dude

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
I suggest ( just suggesting here) do like I did, I am waiting for the i5 my iPhone 4 is plenty fast and does everything I want when JB at this time. I think it would be smart to wait for the i5 and just get a iPhone 4 they are getting cheaper now. The iPhone 4 is jailbreakable just a tethered JB for now. But I figure soon a release for it and all iOS 5 phones will be here to Untether it. I am just waiting till then. Good luck with what ever you decide.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
There is no guarantee the next will even be a 5... It could very well be a 4GS (with 4G added)

Personally I always get the latest... Waiting for the next model is a never ending loop! When the next comes out, be it a 5, a 4GS, or whatever, then why not wait for the one after that?

The awesome thing about the iPhone is it's resale value... You can always sell the iPhone 4S and get the next for minimal out of pocket expense... Thats why I always buy my devices off-contract....

But I must add I can care less about JB... Never have and never will...

My .02

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
Hello all, I read some of the latest threads and only one asked this question with only a hand full of replies.
Currently I don't have an iPhone but I do own an iPad 2 jailbroken.
My dilemma comes from the ability to jailbrake the iPhone. I know is not yet possible on the iPhone 4s. But it is possible on iPhone 4. I just have this feeling that the ip4s will take a long time to be jailbroken.
Should I get the iPhone 4 and get it jb and then wait for the iPhone 5.... Or just get the ip4s now?
Thanks in advance
jr dude
Since you already have a JB iPad 2, my advise is to get the iPhone 4. The price is much lower now due to the launch of the new iPhone 4S. Simply said some things are much better to do on the iPad, such as web browsing and gaming.

Launch of the iPhone 5 will be some time away, don't worry about it. At the meantime, save some cash for the (hopefully) upcoming iPhone 5.