What shows are you watching?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
5. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I'd suggest watching the first two episodes. If you can't get into it by then, it's probably not for you. I was hooked by the end of episode 2.

It's similar to Lost. If you hated Lost and how it didn't give you all the answers, you probably won't like The Leftovers, either.
Lost was fun and thoroughly enjoyable IMHO. Lost may have left some things unanswered, but, nonetheless--Lost was fun. A lot of fun! So I guess I will be watching The Leftovers!

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I will watch too!
I'm into outlander (behind two episodes the second one is long season finale )
LOVE Ray Donovan ❤️
Waiting for the affair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Okay, I just discovered this show called Containment. It’s in its first season, but sadly, "On May 12, 2016, The CW announced that Containment would not be renewed, and would remain as a limited series,” per TVLine. I was hooked after just two episodes, but I have a soft spot for shows and movies about deadly virus outbreaks. The deadlier the better. I’m afraid I’m going to have to watch this before I watch The Leftovers.

10b79b1629ef4c2afb8b383d9226d522.jpg

The handsome Chris Wood as Jake Riley in Containment.

2.png

More Chris Wood as Jake Riley in Containment.

3.png

And more Chris Wood as Jake Riley in Containment.

You should give this show a chance, @Sharunda, don’t you think?

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not bad. But I like Justin Theroux from The Leftovers better. He's gorgeous. He's married to Jennifer Anniston, though.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Not bad. But I like Justin Theroux from The Leftovers better. He's gorgeous. He's married to Jennifer Anniston, though.
My guy on Containment is MUCH more gorgeous than your Mr. Theroux!! Ha! Mr. Justin Theroux is cute, I give you that, but gorgeous, hmmmm... I'm not so sure about "gorgeous" (IMHO).

Wow, so he’s married to Ms. Aniston! I think I may have been subconsciously aware of this fact. Lucky guy. Ms. Aniston is more beautiful than I can describe using any combination of words in the English language. I’ve loved her since Friends. She’s as sexy as they come. Heck, if I were straight, I would be totally into her!

Nonetheless, I’m a big fan of Justin Theroux especially because he was in my favorite movie of all time, Mulholland Drive.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Whoa! I meant to put this in the PM you sent me about your actor @Rafagon. I have no idea how I put it in the thread. I was half-asleep. The guys who mow my lawn show up at 0630 and they woke me up, so I only had a few hours sleep.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Whoa! I meant to put this in the PM you sent me about your actor @Rafagon. I have no idea how I put it in the thread. I was half-asleep. The guys who mow my lawn show up at 0630 and they woke me up, so I only had a few hours sleep.
Don't you live in Utah? I have a buddy who lives there and he was whining on Facebook last week about some neighbor mowing her lawn at 7 am on a Saturday morning and it interrupted his sleeping pattern. Are you neighbors?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Don't you live in Utah? I have a buddy who lives there and he was whining on Facebook last week about some neighbor mowing her lawn at 7 am on a Saturday morning and it interrupted his sleeping pattern. Are you neighbors?
Haha! Yeah, I'm in Utah. It gets super hot here in the summer, so the landscapers start really early in the morning (6:30 am). In the spring and fall, they arrive at a much more reasonable time.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Hey! I'm sorry I tapped on Disagree. I think I was aiming for Funny and my finger was just a tad too large and I tapped the wrong button. I only now realized my error as I was reviewing the days' posts, and the error has been rectified, so please disregard if you got a notification about it.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Haha! Yeah, I'm in Utah. It gets super hot here in the summer, so the landscapers start really early in the morning (6:30 am). In the spring and fall, they arrive at a much more reasonable time.
Is that even legal? I would think you can call the cops on them for landscaping at 6:30 AM. But even if calling the cops is an option, I'm guessing you're probably too nice to do that. With me they'd probably be SOL... unless they're cuties, obviously.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is that even legal? I would think you can call the cops on them for landscaping at 6:30 AM. But even if calling the cops is an option, I'm guessing you're probably too nice to do that. With me they'd probably be SOL... unless they're cuties, needless to say.
I'm pretty sure it's legal. It's the norm around here. Nobody wants to be out working in the extreme heat.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm pretty sure it's legal. It's the norm around here. Nobody wants to be out working in the extreme heat.
Okay, that's understandable. But we got you beat in the hot weather department. Here's our current temperature (it's 1:10 AM my time right now). I guess I'll have to let my guys start at 5:30 AM. :D

image.jpeg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Okay, that's understandable. But we got you beat in the hot weather department. Here's our current temperature (it's 1:10 AM my time right now). I guess I'll have to let my guys start at 5:30 AM. :D

View attachment 44328
I think you're looking at northern Utah. I'm in southern Utah near Vegas. It's 88° here right now and will be 108° tomorrow.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I think you're looking at northern Utah. I'm in southern Utah near Vegas. It's 88 here right now and will be 108 tomorrow.
*gasp*

I love saying "gasp" instead of actually gasping.

But seriously, I do feel bad for ya. 108° F. is borderline inhumane. I don't recall ever having that kind of insane heat here in Miami. Please stay hydrated, though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. Hopefully you'll spend most of the day in the nice A/C at the hospital.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
*gasp*

But seriously, I do feel bad for ya. 108° F. is borderline inhumane. I don't recall ever having that kind of insane heat here in Miami. Please stay hydrated, though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. Hopefully you'll spend most of the day in the nice A/C at the hospital.
116 F in Vegas is no picnic, either.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
*gasp*

I'm really careful to stay hydrated. I hike a lot in the daytime, but I always bring a Camelbak in the summer. It does feel a bit like walking in the shoes of a rotisserie chicken, but I'm acclimated to it and have gotten to where I actually prefer it over sub-50 degree temperatures.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm really careful to stay hydrated. I hike a lot in the daytime, but I always bring a Camelbak in the summer. It does feel a bit like walking in the shoes of a rotisserie chicken, but I'm acclimated to it and have gotten to where I actually prefer it over sub-50 degree temperatures.
But I know you love DC in July, right?