What shows are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Percy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My brother recently toured the Arleigh Burke (same class ship) and met a crewman who served on the show as a crew member.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Well, that certainly was tacky. If you happen to watch both Code Black and Chicago Med, you will soon notice (if you didn’t already) that one show apparently “borrowed” a storyline from the other.

Spoilers below, warning officially issued.

A woman is at the ER when suddenly her prostate starts acting up… Surprise, she's a transsexual.

I happened to catch it first on Chicago Med, so for me it was “innovative” and “fresh” in that episode; the story just felt ripped off when I watched it not long afterwards on Code Black.

In real life, Code Black’s take on the “borrowed” storyline aired one night prior, and both characters were played by the exact same actor (who happens to transgender in real life, too). I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

I’m not sure which was actually written first, but isn’t there some kind of rule against this in Hollywood? Or at least, isn’t it considered poor etiquette to steal another show’s exact same storyline?

Wow, guys, minus two points for lack of originality to whichever writer borrowed from the other, and/or to whomever put their stamp of approval on this.

Pure, sheer coincidence? Or a writer from Chicago Med is in bed with a writer from Code Black?

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold