What size screen would you like to see in a new iPhone?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nothing. Just an opinion. I've got big hands.
Are you saying the iPhone 5 is too thin for you or just that you couldn't go any thinner than the 5?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
It's fine now. I don't believe I would like it thinner. I also use a case. I have a lifeproof and a simple leather flip down case. Both add a little thickness.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I guess I agree then. There's no reason for it to be any thinner or lighter.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Why not? if they could make an iPhone the thickness of a credit card, I'd be all for it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why not? if they could make an iPhone the thickness of a credit card, I'd be all for it.
I think it needs a little weight and thickness to be comfortable to hold and use. It would be especially awkward and even a little annoying if it was bendable like a credit card since it would press inward when you typed. Also, since economical paper-thin batteries (or camera optics, etc.) that provide six hours of cellular internet don't exist, we'd have to compromise battery life. I'd rather stick with the current size and maintain or improve that.

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think it needs a little weight and thickness to be comfortable to hold and use. It would be especially awkward and even a little annoying if it was bendable like a credit card since it would press inward when you typed. Also, since economical paper-thin batteries (or camera optics, etc.) that provide six hours of cellular internet don't exist, we'd have to compromise battery life. I'd rather stick with the current size and maintain or improve that.
well of course it wouldn't bend like a credit card.

I was just saying, hypothetically, all other things being equal, a super thin iPhone would be amazing.

dokken2007

Bronze
Jun 25, 2010
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
I've owned just about every size phone and personally my current iPhone 5 is a good size for me. Fits comfortably in the hand and is easy to use. A little larger would be nice but don't want to sacrifice battery life for it.

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO

I was just saying, hypothetically, all other things being equal, a super thin iPhone would be amazing.
Until we put on a brick like case to protect it because it would be so fragile if we dropped it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

I was thinking of this technology, though it still has to have an attachment for all of the electronics.

image.jpg

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I think the iPhone is a very good size. if they would only make the top and bottom borders a bit smaller they could replace that wasted real estate with a bit more bigger screen without changing any of the phones size.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
i think the iPhone is a very good size. if they would only make the top and bottom boarders a bit smaller they could replace that wasted real estate with a bit more bigger screen withoug changing any of the phones size.
That would be an odd aspect ratio.

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My iPhone 5 is as thin as I want it. If they make it thicker for a bigger battery, I would be sold on it.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
4.3 AT LEAST! I gotta say I like the size of the S4. I have big hands and would like more real estate on my iPhone. Movies would be great in true HD.

Sent using iCafe app

A333West

Feb 7, 2013
I am fine with the size that it is now. It's the reason I didn't get the Galaxy s3, it's too big

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
I've had my eyes on the Nokia Lumia 920 which is bigger, vibrant, and has excellent audio. I NEED bigger now that my eyes are getting older, but I've had Apple since iPhone 3s. I'm wanting to holdout on upgrade til iPhone 6, but my eyes can't wait too long bc they get so blurry on this small screen.

Sent using iCafe app

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Apple NEEDS to give us a bigger screen. I currently switch back and forth between my ip5 and the new One and the One is just a better phone to use because of the screen size.
Apple needs to do something for us.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's unbelievable how high the demand for a big-screen iPhone is now. The iPad mini seemed to do nothing to appease people. I really hope Apple is listening. I don't even want to think about another year of ongoing screen size complaints, but I think that's what we're in for.