What size screen would you like to see in a new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by chris, Jul 17, 2013.

1. softspirits

softspirits New Member

On one hand ... (get it? haha) The basic functions of the phone absolutely must be easy to use withh one hand. However, I am a female and a 4.5 inch screen wouldn't prevent me from using it one-handed, so i think that would be a great size.

Provided there is no sacrifice in quality or performance, thinner and lighter is better. If you need a bulkier phone, offset the size/weight with an appropriate case of your choice.

#41 softspirits, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I don't follow. Why would that be good for you?

3. softspirits

softspirits New Member

Typo - fixed thanks!

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I want the same screen size as the iPhone 5, but in a larger body--perhaps iPhone 3GS-like, but thicker--in which every crevice is more battery. I've tried 4.3" phones, and I've tried 4.7" phones, and I've tried 5.5" phones. They all have their charms, but for me, 4.0" tops*. I don't want to have to double-fist my phone.

*: until Apple tells me to think differently.

5. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I know I still like the size of my 4S. The 5S will be as big as I want to go probably. I like being able to use one hand for texting. I have my moments where I would like wider for two handed texting though.

6. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I hope they do at least a 4.3inch but I also hope they go for 4.7inch as having a galaxy s4 with the 4.9inch screen is superb and if Apple did this with there build quality well wow!

Sent using iCafe app

7. detfan

detfan Member
    Bronze

the S4 screen is perfect, and if they did that I would jump back in a minute. I just cant stand the small screen they have now..

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

The iPhone 5 size, perfect. Maybe a bit thicker to fit a better camera.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

You mean like this Lumia 1020. :eek: I kid the Lumia, but it does take the best photos I've seen from a smartphone.

nokia-lumia-1020-camera-650x0.jpg

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'm all for that, and has good as the camera already is on the IP5 I want to see a camera like on the lumia on an iPhone.

11. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

Something between 5.5 and 5.9 inches. Then I would consider returning to the iPhone. I love my Note 2 so much, I can never go back to a smaller screen. I had every iPhone until the 4s and then I decided the iPhone 5 was not for me. The screen increase and perpetual design was not good enough for me.

12. Sweetie

Sweetie Member
    Bronze

I really hope they give us a bigger screen, 4.5 to 5 would be AWESOME! I've had every iPhone that has come out, but the larger screen size has even got me debating on going to the S4. I love the size of screen and would love to see what Apple could do with the larger screen. The iPhone 5 has an excellent display and I know that would be even greater on a larger screen. I've almost given up hope that they will go larger though, doesn't really seem like they care about that too much.

13. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

Apple also said we should just use email for picture messages, but that didn't quite work out the way they wanted it and caved.

I believe that getting a larger iPhone, even a much larger iPhone like a phablet, is not a matter of if but a matter of when. I'd love to see an iPhone phablet. But I'm very happy with my Note 2 right now.

14. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

The 5s as we have all seen is the same apart from a few updates(camera processor ios7) really can't see a finger print home button yet so if Apple would ever go with a bigger screen then it'll be the ip6 and I would love to see Apple do a 4.3 or 4.7 or even 4.9 inch screen the way Apple do it.
    That would be special cant see it but I live in hope.

Sent using iCafe app

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Email was a workaround while they took their time as they always do. I doubt they aspired to hold out on MMS forever. Yes, they took longer than they should have to add it, but they had to get it set up with the carriers and they have been slow to implement tons of other new features as well. It doesn't mean they hoped they could avoid them forever and ended up caving in the end. A good part of the reason they stagger feature updates is to give people incentive to update.

Also, I've heard people say "just email videos" since you can't text them on Android (unless they are just a few seconds). What's the difference here?

16. Kentyet

Kentyet New Member

Never above 4''
    I like petite iPhone

17. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

While on the surface that argument seems valid, the truth is picture messages are much more prevalent than video messages. The truth is all carriers limit the file size of the video message (unless you use a service or app that doesn't use the carrier like Imessage in iPhone's case.)

So while there's no excuse to not downsize automatically to allow an Hd video (like almost all phones record these days) to send via MMS, we do in fact have widespread LTE and emailing a video at any level of quality is very easy. In 2007, not so much. Who had a phone that checked email in 2007? Very few in relation to those that sent and received picture messages.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

^ Invalid because people send more pictures than videos? I MMS videos all the time. It may be invalid to you, but it isn't to a lot of us.

19. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

It's too bad the Lumia 1020 has a slooow camera. I still haven't found a camera phone as fast as an iPhone 5, running iOS 7, when taken full res shots.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

And it's too bad it's a Windows phone.