What software version does the iPhone come with out of the box?

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Does anyone know what version the iPhone come out with out of the box?
I'm planning to buy 1 and unlock it, but if the iPhone comes equipped with the new update then it'll be a bad idea for me to purchase 1.
Thanks and any info will be appreciated.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
I think all of the ones shipping from Apple today are 1.1.1 but if you go to a local Cingular store I am guessing they will still be 1.0.2 as Apple couldn't have gotten them there that fast. Or maybe they already had them and started them in stores today. Who knows, you could always just get one off eBay, it would probably be cheaper too.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Are they go to open the box and update it and put it back in. I think the one from the store is still have 1.02 until the they are out. Is there any way to tell the version without jail break the phone. Cannot go to the setting to find out the version.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Are they go to open the box and update it and put it back in. I think the one from the store is still have 1.02 until the they are out. Is there any way to tell the version without jail break the phone. Cannot go to the setting to find out the version.
When you connect your phone to your computer and run iTunes, it tells you the version.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Are they go to open the box and update it and put it back in. I think the one from the store is still have 1.02 until the they are out.
Obviously not, but thats not what I was saying. The ones still on the shelves have 1.0.2

He said:
iPodTouch said:
I think they are now coming with the new version 1.0.2. Apple would have gotten the new version also.
Which grammatically does't even make any sense so I wasn't 100% sure on what he was saying.