What steps should I take to upgrade jailbroken iPhone to 2.1

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well the iPhone I am buying is Jailbroken to 1.1.4firmware... Of course I want to update to the 2.1 firmware but I've read some horror stories that you can brick an iPhone if you try to update it that far in the future:eek:
-What steps should I take to make sure that this jailbreaking goes as planned, getting to firmware 2.1 while still being unlocked and thing;)

btw I notice that on WinPwn the fartheset firmware it has for updating is 2.0.2 . . .how will I be able to get to 2.1 while still being unlocked and jailbroken...Should I use both WinPwn and QuickPwn?

Thanks EiC
-Sorry for the many question lol!

__NaStY__

Oct 29, 2008
Northfork, WV
I've never read about there being a problem with doing that but I may be wrong...I would restore to 2.1 in iTunes, then quickpwn.

Well the iPhone I am buying is Jailbroken to 1.1.4firmware... Of course I want to update to the 2.1 firmware but I've read some horror stories that you can brick an iPhone if you try to update it that far in the future:eek:
-What steps should I take to make sure that this jailbreaking goes as planned, getting to firmware 2.1 while still being unlocked and thing;)

btw I notice that on WinPwn the fartheset firmware it has for updating is 2.0.2 . . .how will I be able to get to 2.1 while still being unlocked and jailbroken...Should I use both WinPwn and QuickPwn?

Thanks EiC
-Sorry for the many question lol!
2.0.2 is just another word for 2.1 :)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
2.0.2 is just another word for 2.1 :)

I have to disagree with that (sorry F2R!). 2.1 fixed a lot of lag issues, especially in the phone app, such as scrolling through contacts, switching between the submenus, etc. I remember I could literally count to ten if I was on the dial pad and had to switch to my contacts list. It was terrible.

Project...there's gotta be a way to get by the activation screen. What's the point of offering an unlock if you can't use it? It doesn't make sense. We'll find a way...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im looking through the iClarified guides and Modmyi forums but no one seems to beable to provide a guaranteed answer ya kno...other than wait for WinPwn's 3.0 update:sick:

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Do you know anyone with a legit iPhone account? Maybe you could jailbreak/unlock with their sim and when the process is over you can use your T-mobile sim. I remember when my v1 was unlocked I could take my friends t-mobile sim and it would work just fine in my iPhone.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
The problem isn't iTunes making me activate the iPhone...the problem would occur when it came time to insert my T-mobile sim:sick:
-Ya see when WinPwn unlocks your iPhone it also activates it ya kno unlocking the bootneuter/baseband and stuff. . .QuickPwn only unlocks the iPhone but does not activate it :(

My problem is trying to make the unlock happen with 2.1 so that Im unlocked and up to date ;)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Someone on here's gotta know how to do this. Where are our T-mobile folks...?