What Stereo/Mono BT headsets would be good?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Okay,

I want to have a BT headset when the iPhone is available. If the iPhone does not have A2DP then I will purchase an ipod adapter to give it the capability.

So, what good choices are there for headsets? Stereo and Mono? These are the good ones I know of so far.

Mono (For phone calls only)
Apple version (Doesn't look very comfortable does it?)
Jawbone (I hear it might play music but only in the one ear)
Supposedly has the best noise cancelling. May have problems with the fit.
Plantronics Discovery 655 Used to be the best I think.

Stereo (For music and phone calls)
Motorokr S9 Awesome light workout stereo headphones.
Sony DR-BT21G Looks pretty good too. More standard looking. Foldable.
Jabra BT8010 Very cool standard looking single ear that has an additional ear attachment for music. Lots of features including vibrate, DSP, good battery life.
imuffs

Any others? Any thoughts on these? Anybody have any of these?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I'm planing to order the Jawbone BT headset this week.

I've also used the Jabra JX-10 and it's a very good headset.

I've had the Plantronics Discovery 655 and returned it within 30 minutes. It is utter junk and made of cheap plastic.

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
Had a jx-10 and just got the Jawbone today...I like the jawbone much better.
Here is the Jabra, Jawbone and a Moto...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I am not sure...I will have to try later.
I have tried many bluetooth headsets.

The best quality i got was from a plantronics 655. It is small, has a cool recharging setup and has amazing sound quality. there are however things I hate about it. it is uncomfortable, and doesn't stay in my ear! it does not have good battery life and sometimes it is so small I lose it for a week until it mysteriously shows up again!

I have tried the motorola h700 and that is a nice design escpecially with the flip mic that saves battery. People I talked to however complain about the sound quality.

The jawbone seems to have quality but now is it too big?

I had a jabra piece that i returned.. i think it was the 110 with the digital display. It was way too big, i felt like i was a star trek communications officer.

So I really don't know. I have been disatisfied with bluetooth as a whole and finding just the right headset. I am really tired of the bluetooth money pit and end up just using the phone anyway without any wireless headset.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I heard GREAT things about these
Nextlink Spider
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2290597&cp=2032052

Haven't heard a bad word about them. Furthermore, they are $60 at Radio Shack right now. Some people have gotten them for $40. Plus there's a mod whereby you exchange the speakers or something from the Koss KTXPro1
http://ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=32963864
and you get better sound.

It's supposed to have insane range and superb battery life too.

I just wonder about the call quality.

I'm getting them.

Plus, you can swing by Radio Shack on Friday and pick them up before you get in line for the iPhone. Just not before me. I'm getting mine tomorrow.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Soo... here's my plan...

I just bought the jawbone for $80 ($6 rebate) at ecost for a superb talking headset. (You can get $10 off by using Google Checkout for the first time.) Then I'm getting the Nextlink Spider/Koss for stereo bluetooth.

Now I need to find a class 1 bluetooth adapter. Hmmm. Ok. Don't think there are any Class 1 adapters for an ipod. Just class 2. Class 1 dongles are available for computers. Class 2 will still connect fine to the Spider Headphones. The range just won't be like 300 feet. It'll be like 30, which suits me fine.

If I find that they won't work I'll probably buy the Motorola HT820

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
The reviews said NO Stereo bluetooth! That sucks, I just this will be another option for V2 of the iPhone along with 3g (beuase they also say that EDGE is not that good)