What stores support Apple Pay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you've recently setup Apple Pay on your iPhone 6, you're likely wondering what retailers support Apple Pay. According to Apple, there are 220,000 retailers supporting Apple Pay. Let's start building a list of stores that support Apple Pay. Here's a short list of major retailers. If you find one not included on this list, please add it!

• Aeropostale
  • American Eagle Outfitters
  • Apple
  • Babies R Us
  • BJs
  • Bloomingdales
  • Champs Sports
  • Chevron
  • Disney Store
  • Duane Reade
  • ExtraMile
  • Foot Locker
  • Footaction
  • House of Hoops
  • Kids Foot Locker
  • Lady Foot Locker
  • Macy's
  • McDonald's
  • Meijer
  • Nike
  • Office Depot
  • Panera Bread
  • Petco
  • Radio Shack
  • Run
  • Six:02
  • Sports Authority
  • Subway
  • Texaco
  • Toys R Us
  • Unleashed
  • Walgreens
  • Wegmans
  • Whole Foods Market

Comings by the end of 2014:
  • Anthropologie
  • Free People
  • Sephora
  • Staples
  • Urban Outfitters
  • Walt Disney World
Apps that support Apple Pay:
  • Apple
  • Chairish
  • Fancy
  • Groupon
  • Hotel Tonight
  • Houzz
  • Insacart
  • Lyft
  • OpenTable
  • Panera Bread
  • Spring
  • Staples
  • Target
  • UBER
Apps that will support Apple Pay later this year:
  • AirBnb
  • Disney Store
  • Eventbrite
  • Jackthreads
  • Levi's Stadium
  • MLB.com
  • Sephora
  • Starbucks
  • Stubhub
  • Ticketmaster
  • Tickets.com

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Saw the Apple Pay sticker on the credit card swipe terminal at Whole Foods this afternoon. Didn't get to use it as I'm having trouble backing up iPhone 6 to icloud. Wanted to do that before updating to IOS 8.1. Cashier said no one had used it to that point. Was at a Chevron station after that but didn't think to look or ask if they were up and running with Apple Pay yet. Those are two places I know I'll use it when I'm up to speed.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Ok so has anyone tested this out yet? What are your feelings about it so far?
Tried it at a Jamba Juice. It couldn't have been simpler or easier. Way easier and quicker than on my previous HTC One M8. My friend and I were very impressed. I just put it near the little machine and it popped up. The whole interaction takes probably like 3 seconds and that's it.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Has anyone tried it in the drive through at McDonald's? If you have to hand phone over then I won't. I think I read someone said the lady took phone.
Now you have me thinking....at the Starbucks drive through they scan the screen with the gun but with the POS system like if you give a card is usually mounted.

But aside from that how can the cashier take the phone when you need the Touch ID to pay? I'm assuming Apple would not let it stay on long enough to have the phone passed on after you're print is read

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Now you have me thinking....at the Starbucks drive through they scan the screen with the gun but with the POS system like if you give a card is usually mounted.

But aside from that how can the cashier take the phone when you need the Touch ID to pay? I'm assuming Apple would not let it stay on long enough to have the phone passed on after you're print is read
So McDonald's would just scan your phone using the "gun" then you approve it and all? I'll test it tomorrow.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
I haven't used Apple pay at all so far. I'm gonna probably go to panera bread tomorrow for lunch to try it.

Prior to Apple pay my experience with Starbucks is they scan the screen using the barcode. And as of now they aren't on Apple pay yet

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Saw the Apple Pay sticker on the credit card swipe terminal at Whole Foods this afternoon. Didn't get to use it as I'm having trouble backing up iPhone 6 to icloud. Wanted to do that before updating to IOS 8.1. Cashier said no one had used it to that point. Was at a Chevron station after that but didn't think to look or ask if they were up and running with Apple Pay yet. Those are two places I know I'll use it when I'm up to speed.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums
It would be awesome if somehow Sams Club would get in on it. I can scan my Sams card then scan my bank card then boom I'll pump gas.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
I had that Mobile keychain stick for buying gas years ago. Little plastic device which you touched to an icon (the Flying Horse) on the pump and immediately started pumping gas. Never had to go inside or see the attendant. Hope it works like that, without the touching. Except for the Touch ID that is.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Used Apple pay today at BJ's club and it charged me twice. Called the bank I'm the 4th guy this week that the rep said this happened to that he has helped himself

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Used Apple pay today at BJ's club and it charged me twice. Called the bank I'm the 4th guy this week that the rep said this happened to that he has helped himself
Which bank if you don't mind me asking. I've read of Bank of America customers having that issue.