What stores support Apple Pay

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I asked the cashier at Vons(Safeway) yesterday when they were going to have Apple Pay and he said they already have it, even though the Credit Card swipers don't have the Apple Pay logo. He was surprised by a customer who used his Apple Watch to pay one day. I had already swiped my debit card so I didn't get to try my iPhone.
Does your Von's have the NFC logo (it looks like a sideways WiFi logo) or are there no markings at all that would indicate it would work? We have a ton of places around here that accept NFC, but don't have the Apple Pay logo. It works just the same except they make you sign if the amount it more than their preset limit (usually between $25 and $35) if you run it as credit. You can choose debit and put your pin in. I check the places that have no markings on their readers every so often (by holding my phone up to it), but have yet to find one that works with Apple Pay when it has no markings at all.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The University of Oklahoma has just become the first school to accept Apple Pay campus-wide.

To say that the student body and professors alike are in a state of bliss is an understatement.

The campus has approximately 400 point-of-service locations, including bookstores, restaurants, and more.

Unknown.jpeg
Happy-People-small.jpg

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
At the Meijer, after I do the Apple Pay touch, I still have to go through the machine's motions of selecting credit/debit and entering my pin or signing the screen, so the only action the Apple Pay replaces is the physical swipe of the card. I thought Apple Pay was supposed to not need a PIN or signature.

I tried Apple Pay at Arby's the other day, and it declined, so that was cool.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
At the Meijer, after I do the Apple Pay touch, I still have to go through the machine's motions of selecting credit/debit and entering my pin or signing the screen, so the only action the Apple Pay replaces is the physical swipe of the card. I thought Apple Pay was supposed to not need a PIN or signature.

I tried Apple Pay at Arby's the other day, and it declined, so that was cool.
The Meijer's you went to had NFC, not true Apple Pay. They require that you select debit or credit and you have to sign if it's over a certain amount. It's still better than running your card because it's more secure and you don't have to get your card out. The bonus is that you can get cash back on debit.

Tons of places in my area accept Apple Pay or at least have NFC readers. I only have to scan my cards about half the places I go. Both true Apple Pay and the NFC readers work flawlessly for me every time. I've probably used it 100 times now. I even used it in the App Store app to order my new 6s.