What the banned iPhone advert should really look like...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Here is what the banned iPhone advertisement should really look like. :)

"Apple was forced to pull a television advertisement in the UK for the iPhone 3G after the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) decided it exaggerated the speed of mobile browsing.

In the 30-second clip the iPhone is shown loading a webpage, finding its current location in Google Maps, opening a PDF from an email and finally taking a phone call.

The ASA concluded that the iPhone cannot do what was shown in the mere 29 seconds afforded in the advert, ruling that it was misleading. So this site (see link above) decided to replicate the clip to see how long the advert should really be."

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Here is what the banned iPhone advertisement should really look like. :)

"Apple was forced to pull a television advertisement in the UK for the iPhone 3G after the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) decided it exaggerated the speed of mobile browsing.

In the 30-second clip the iPhone is shown loading a webpage, finding its current location in Google Maps, opening a PDF from an email and finally taking a phone call.

The ASA concluded that the iPhone cannot do what was shown in the mere 29 seconds afforded in the advert, ruling that it was misleading. So this site (see link above) decided to replicate the clip to see how long the advert should really be."
Yes that looks about right...Mark

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Can someone post a YouTube link so I can see what y'all are talking about from a iPhone?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
What i don't get with these adverts is MANY people fail to see the small print on the bottom of the advert saying something about "actions simulated" or "speeds simulated"

I saw something like that on one of the adverts. The others idk if its there but i just watched all iPhone adverts and i do have to say....what ever firmware that phone is running on i want it now, im kinda tired of the lag.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Unfortunately.... i cant update just yet. Since i lost almost everything on my old dell laptop im kinda stuck without a computer and i refuse to buy vista to pass the time.

Ill soon be going to London for college, so hopefully i can get my hands on the new Macbook pro's for Christmas with an education discount.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
and thats why its called a commercial and not a whole television show.

I'm sorry, but people who believe the speeds in the commercial are dumb and they have no one to blame but themselves.

If they wanted the real speed, then Apple would have to schedule a time slot on a channel and make it a reality t.v. show or something.

Use common sense people!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Whoa whoa whoa! So you mean to tell me that I won't be able to renovate my whole house in less that 30 minutes like those HGTV shows? That's really misleading! I think I'm gonna have to speak with my attorney now.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Whoa whoa whoa! So you mean to tell me that I won't be able to renovate my whole house in less that 30 minutes like those HGTV shows? That's really misleading! I think I'm gonna have to speak with my attorney now.
Nope, you cant.

Just like using herbal essenses shampoo does not give me an orgasm! Talk about misleading! ;)