What the fudge?

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
In general I believe the Google Translate app is pretty good, although it varies depending on colloquialisms that don't exactly translate well and may be highly confusing.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
In general I believe the Google Translate app is pretty good, although it varies depending on colloquialisms that don't exactly translate well and may be highly confusing.
Google Translate is very nice. From my experience with it, though, the translations are inaccurate more than half of the time. The translations from Arabic to English and vice-versa are ridiculous, but it worked fine for me with some other langauges.

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com

You
May have to elaborate on "colloquialisms" for many on here. That to a lot of people will just be letters :p ....it's a joke guys!

iHolophyte

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
You
May have to elaborate on "colloquialisms" for many on here. That to a lot of people will just be letters :p ....it's a joke guys!

iHolophyte
LOL! It's quite a mouthful for one word isn't it? Sort of like "hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia", which is "fear of long words"! AHAHAHA the irony. :D

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
The forum policy doesn't seem to be working. Is Easter allowed to be talked about? Or is religion banned as it is in so many forums. Tried looking but the policy don't work!
So I guess that's my fudge for today. Policy out if action (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
The forum policy doesn't seem to be working. Is Easter allowed to be talked about? Or is religion banned as it is in so many forums. Tried looking but the policy don't work!
So I guess that's my fudge for today. Policy out if action (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte
Easter is fine. Religion isn't banned as such, just as long as there is no debate about which one is right or if any of them are even pertinent. I think. Something as widely recognized as Easter should be fine, as long as you realize some guy actually rising from the dead is just a metaphor for spring time. :D

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Ich hoffe, dass dies die deutsche Sprache ist. Ich benutze einen Übersetzer, weil ich kein Lecken davon weiß. Ich wollte hauptsächlich nur verursacht das Briefeaussehen so kühl mitmachen. Ich denke, dass die breiten Bedürfnisse kühlen auf der übermäßigen dichten kurzen Hose sie wird abschneiden ihren Kreislauf. :D
OMG this is so funny I have no clue what it says

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
Wow!
I suck at translation then. :oops:

Wait! Was I even close to making sense? :(

I'm glad it made you laugh though. :D

I told you what they said and although not perfect (bit like a person typing bad English) it was readable in bits to makes sense of what you was trying to say. Hence what I put! Google translation isn't the best but it'd get you about enough I feel.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
Easter is fine. Religion isn't banned as such, just as long as there is no debate about which one is right or if any of them are even pertinent. I think. Something as widely recognized as Easter should be fine, as long as you realize some guy actually rising from the dead is just a metaphor for spring time. :D

Ok what I want to know is....Good Friday everyone says we have to eat fish nothing else, and no meat.
To me Good Friday is the day he was crucified, and eating fish was because that's what he had for his last supper (there wasn't many walmarts about 2012 years ago) and a big river so fish seems about right anyway.
So did he have his last supper on Good Friday with the Romans waiting outside to crucify him? If not then why do we eat fish on Good Friday?

Personally I eat what I like but would love to know the answer.

iHolophyte

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Ok what I want to know is....Good Friday everyone says we have to eat fish nothing else, and no meat.
To me Good Friday is the day he was crucified, and eating fish was because that's what he had for his last supper (there wasn't many walmarts about 2012 years ago) and a big river so fish seems about right anyway.
So did he have his last supper on Good Friday with the Romans waiting outside to crucify him? If not then why do we eat fish on Good Friday?

Personally I eat what I like but would love to know the answer.
Everyone says? Who's everyone? I'm curious as well. I've never heard of the "we have to eat fish" thing. Supposedly Catholics fast on good Friday and don't eat "meat" on Friday in general. IMO fish is meat. After all "meat" is simply muscle (or organ) tissue, is it not? Fish are among the more efficient creatures when it comes to muscle/organ weight compared to fat and bone. Fish are almost all muscle so how can they not be considered meat? I used to be a vegetarian and even a hardcore vegan for a while. Many vegetarians I know/knew consider fish to be acceptable but IMO that's a cop out. I've since come to my senses and realized that bacon is good, pork chops are good, not to mention steak, chicken, and all manner of seafood. But I digress.

Who knows what was served at the last supper, or if there really was one for that matter. It's pointless to speculate really. Much like Christmas was created to appease and replace the pagan winter solstice celebrations, Easter was created to replace similar Springtime rites in order to convince folks to buy into Christian dogma, IMO.

I'd love to know the answer myself. I'd also like to know why folks, myself included, are prone to eat ham on Easter Sunday. Here's a fascinating clue that also sheds some light on the "no meat" policy of lent: http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-easter-ham-faq.htm

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
(Laughs out loud) thanks Kadelic. I say we, I forget this forum goes all around the world and not just the UK!

So we (uk citizens) are told "We must only eat fish" on Good Friday! Personally I hate fish or any sea food for that matter is YUK. Give me meat any day. oh I love meat! So on that basis come good Friday I eat meat lol. It's just this good Friday thing that does my head in. When if at all was his last supper? It must have been good Friday hence the fish thing. And once he'd eaten that was taken off to be crucified. Where as me I'd have said, "Come on lads, at least let this fish digest first. It's a long walk up there" coulda saved him a day there lol.

iHolophyte