what. the. hell.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ok. this is a bug with 1.1.3 that I have seen earlier, but have had a way to remedy it, but today I nearly screwed everything up.

ok. let me explain the situation. I have a NT 1.1.3, unlocked, everything is fine - most times. I use Apollo, and sometimes it freezes. drives me INSANE - but I can live with that. when Apollo freezes, I usually have to do a hard reset, and most times, when I reset, the One-Tap problem comes into play. where you can launch an app, but you can't interact with it at all. such as you launch Phone.app, and suppose it starts on the Contacts tab. you cannot click ANYTHING, can't go to another tab, nothing. you can press home, and choose another app, but same thing. easy way to determine if this syndrome is going on with your phone - press sleep. if the screen turns off, you're fine, its not being stupid. if the screen dims, to almost no brightness, and you see the slider for slide to unlock, but no time, or the "slide to unlock" string, you're experiencing OTP. I have usually fixed this easily by an app I had called killBoard. it resets the springboard as soon as it is launched. once the SB is up again, everything is fine, the screen goes dark when I press sleep, the apps actually work.. but today I accidentally took off "killBoard" from my SB using Poof. and then Apollo froze. and it booted into OTP. OMG! I had to restart like 6 times before it booted normally. and the thing is, Dock wouldn't work either!

any solutions anyone know of? or should I just rejailbreak?

also, a question. does the ziPhone jailbreak have the standard 300 MB for apps? or is it the 266 MB?

wombat

Feb 22, 2008
similar tweak: In customize I cannot change the springboard text string. I've modified all the attributes I can think of, but so far to no avail. Any ideas?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
how is that related at all?

not trying to be mean, but seriously - how is that remotely connected to what my situation is?

wombat

Feb 22, 2008
how is that related at all?

not trying to be mean, but seriously - how is that remotely connected to what my situation is?
You're right of course, I was focusing on the springboard string prob. Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve your prob. Hope someone can help you here soon.