What the iPhone should have had...

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Okay, YouTube for the iPhone is great, but what annoys me is that you can only really use it when you are inside your house or something due to the need to have a wifi or edge connection. What would have been good, or possibly added in the new one is YouTube anywhere. Meaning you could be down the town or in a car and youtube would work. Anyone else agree that would be cool.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
but you can have youtube anywhere...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It does work on edge but the quality isn't that great. Is that what you are talking about? How you need Wi-Fi to get good quality? YouTube does work anywhere. As long as you have an edge connection or wifi.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you in Siberia? that could be a problem...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you jailbroken? which software version? I know there have been some issues with YouTube and some jaiblreak methods.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes it does need at least an EDGE connection to run youtube. You can't run video over GPRS. Even when you do have a good EDGe connection, it's a very poor resolution version that you get over the air. Nobody knows just yet how youtube will be over 3G. At least I haven't seen anything about AT&T blocking youtube on the 3G network.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, it always works for me, although as mentioned, YouTube videos have a much lower quality with EDGE.

- John

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Why the fck can't I watch youtube then? I'm round my grandads house right now using normal Internet (not hooked up wirelessly) and I try and watch a youtube video and it says I need an edge or wifi connection :mad:

If I go to my faves all the videos are 00:00 long before I even click it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Why the fck can't I watch youtube then? I'm round my grandads house right now using normal Internet (not hooked up wirelessly) and I try and watch a youtube video and it says I need an edge or wifi connection :mad:

If I go to my faves all the videos are 00:00 long before I even click it.
that is weird. do any other o2 users have this problem?

if not, you may want to try resetting settings or restoring.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, that s problem that YOU have. You should be able to have youtube anywhere you have a cell or Wi-Fi signal. Try restoring as new, not restore from backup (don't forget to manually back-up everything).