What time will online ordering begin?

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Who ships on Saturday and or Sunday? UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc are all closed. If you place an order at 6pm on Friday I can't she it shipping before 9am on Monday. So even if you order it overnight the earliest you could have it is Tuesday the 3rd. And if something delays your order for some reason you won't get it until Thursday the fifth!

Historically new products seldom ship when first announced from the Apple store. It is usually a week or two after they start taking orders before product ships. Might be different with the iPhone, who knows.

I'm sorry but I can't wait that long. If you want to risk waiting go ahead. I'll be waiting in line.

- SR

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Who ships on Saturday and or Sunday? UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc are all closed. If you place an order at 6pm on Friday I can't she it shipping before 9am on Monday. So even if you order it overnight the earliest you could have it is Tuesday the 3rd. And if something delays your order for some reason you won't get it until Thursday the fifth!

Historically new products seldom ship when first announced from the Apple store. It is usually a week or two after they start taking orders before product ships. Might be different with the iPhone, who knows.

I'm sorry but I can't wait that long. If you want to risk waiting go ahead. I'll be waiting in line.

- SR
I'll be waiting in line as well. Already have the day off work

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

- SR

FedEx ships on Saturdays, just like the USPS.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Not sure if this has been asked, but how well does the Apple Online Store perform in times of high demand like this? I know there aren't many times it gets hit like this, but for those that have ordered online at time of release in the past, your thoughts?

I'm looking at Online as a backup plan...just in case.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Who ships on Saturday and or Sunday? UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc are all closed. If you place an order at 6pm on Friday I can't she it shipping before 9am on Monday. So even if you order it overnight the earliest you could have it is Tuesday the 3rd.
Actually, I've ordered stuff from the Apple store online on Friday nights or on Saturdays and they do ship on the weekend.
They tend to use mostly Fedex these days, although I've had stuff shipped via DHL in the past.

7up

Jun 20, 2007
Thanks for that info guys... You can only order at Apple on the 29 June..