What to do at Apple store?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
What do you do/say at the Apple store when they ask you for your phone number and your phone is unlocked?

I recently went to the Apple store in New York trying to get a phone replaced and it was restored and unactivated. They said that the serial number and crap wasn't activated with AT&T and the warranty hasn't begun... wtf? What do I do haha?

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
What do you do/say at the Apple store when they ask you for your phone number and your phone is unlocked?

I recently went to the Apple store in New York trying to get a phone replaced and it was restored and unactivated. They said that the serial number and crap wasn't activated with AT&T and the warranty hasn't begun... wtf? What do I do haha?
Just tell them that you tried to activate and it's not working

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

You're saying 2 different things here in your post.

Your phone is unlocked? OK, then if thats the case, what did you expect Apple to do about it?

Then your 2nd sentence says it was restored & unactivated; which to me would mean it is no longer unlocked.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007

Is there something special about you that you think the rules don't apply to you? You understood the risks when you decided to unlock your phone. You don't get to take it back for a replacement.

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
im still trying to get a new iPhone i'm in the same situation i'm from toronto and my iPhone touch screen stopped working after 7 days i restored it and all that and when i braught it back my dumb ass forgot the original AT&T sim card so the dude said before he can do anything he need that sim card then hes going to run some tests and see if it's been tampered with
so i'm going to have to go back to buffalo maybe today i'll let u guys know how it went

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
im still trying to get a new iPhone i'm in the same situation i'm from toronto and my iPhone touch screen stopped working after 7 days i restored it and all that and when i braught it back my dumb ass forgot the original AT&T sim card so the dude said before he can do anything he need that sim card then hes going to run some tests and see if it's been tampered with
so i'm going to have to go back to buffalo maybe today i'll let u guys know how it went
Is your ATT sim card activated with ATT? lol Im in Toronto aswell and I wanted to go to Buffalo so badly today

slapnutz

Nov 10, 2007
Couldn't you just activate a number with AT&T, take the phone in, get it swapped, then cancel the service within 3 days and pay nothing?

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
Couldn't you just activate a number with AT&T, take the phone in, get it swapped, then cancel the service within 3 days and pay nothing?
You can do that!?!?
EDIT its impossible for me because I don't live in America and i don't have an american credit card and i don't have a social security number lol

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Just a thought....couldnt you get a prepaid plan for AT&T to temp get a number from them? you wouldn't be lock to a contract and just use up the min. you bought

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
don't u need and address i don't live in the states and i'd like to activate my iPhone but the screen dosne't work

don't get me wrong i bought another iPhone until i can fix my broken oen then i'll ty and sell it but Apple should have waited a little bit longer before launching the phone it seems to have lots of problems and while other companys examine and try to understand the iPhone when it come time for them to release their version it will be far superior to the iPhone.

quick question opnce i go back to buffalo with my AT&T sime cad and my unactivated iPhone and try to get my phone replaced wut kind of questions will Apple be asking me and will i have any paper work to fill out asking for address and phone numbers etc.

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
zack23 where about do u live i'm going to buffalo sometime soon maybe u wanna come with and we can try and take care of our problem sooner then later private message me if your interested