What to do if iTunes doesn't show your iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I was having problems all day and did 5 computer restarts, 4 iPhone hard resets and still no luck. I download iTunes again and again and still no luck. Then I went to RUN: msconfig and played with my startup options.

So to sum it up, if your iTunes doesn't show your iPhone when you plug it in, go to start menu, RUN, type in "msconfig" and select "NORMAL STARTUP" and this will fix it as soon as you restart your computer.

Hope this helps

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Reboot your computer.
If you're running iTunes on windows. Check task manager, if the iPodService.exe is running end it.
if iTuneshelper.exe is running end it.
Unplug your iPhone, wait a moment and plug it in again.
If you still can't get it going, try a different USB port.
Also, make sure you're connecting your iPhone directly to the computer. Don't use any adapters hubs or anything like that.
If you’re connecting multiple USB devices to your computer unplug them and try the iPhone alone.
If none of that works, find your nearest trash receptacle and place your phone in it. Be sure to secure the lid and forget about it.

Good luck,

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
I was having a hard time getting iTunes in Windows to see my iPhone while running on my MacBook via Parallels (I sync media in Mac and Outlook stuff in Windows).

Someone in the Parallels Forum found this workaround and it works great for me:

1. Click Start
2. Right-click on "My Computer" icon
3. Select "Manage"
4. Click "plus" sign next to "Services and Applications"
5. Click "Service" from that dropdown
6. Click on Service named "Apple Mobile Device" and select "Restart"
7. Click on Service named "iPod Service" and select "Restart"