What to do with the battery...

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
When I first get the iPhone, after syncing, do I:

1) Charge the entire battery before using.

2) Let the battery drain, then charge the entire battery.

3) Just use it normally and shut up.

?

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for putting option 3.... that's pretty darn funny! I am letting mine charge up all the way, then running it down all day and night, then charging it again after it gets to red. This may be totally wrong but I want to play with my phone!

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for putting option 3.... that's pretty darn funny! I am letting mine charge up all the way, then running it down all day and night, then charging it again after it gets to red. This may be totally wrong but I want to play with my phone!
Best to use it and charge it frequently to keep the electrons moving in the new lithium polymer type batteries. Totally different than NiCad or the NiMh batteries of yesterdecade. Kind of funny this ? still pops up after quite a few gens of smartphones using polys.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Apple doesn't say anything about an initial charge on their "About" iPhone batteries page...so I don't think it matters.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I answered this very question in another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I answered this very question in another thread.
Cool, thanks for the answer.

The one thing that was not clear was this:

Should I INITIALLY charge it all the way before using it? Or just sync...use it a little...then do a full charge before I go to sleep?

Last edited by a moderator:

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Cool, thanks for the answer.

The one thing that was not clear was this:

Should I INITIALLY charge it all the way before using it? Or just sync...use it a little...then do a full charge before I go to sleep?
Here's what I plan to do:

Fully charge the battery.
Allow the battery to fully drain once. This should properly sync the meter w/ the actual battery life
Then go on my merry way recharging once I hit 50% or so.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
i honestly cant believe that you actually created a topic for this, what next? your gonna ask if you should open the box from the right side or left?
Come on now! and the sad thing is you actually got responses! LOL

this is a classic, they should pin this thread to the first row of the forum

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
i honestly cant believe that you actually created a topic for this, what next? your gonna ask if you should open the box from the right side or left?
Come on now! and the sad thing is you actually got responses! LOL
Um, I'm a little lost here. The OP posted a perfectly valid question. What are you going on about?

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
umm its a joke, look at his number 3 answer

no reason to be confused, its not that hard, just a bad attempt at humor

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Bad attempt at humor, you came off as being an arse. No big deal though, I knew it was a stupid question because of the new type of battery being used...but at the same time thought it was worth asking rather than not and making a mistake from the get-go.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
My apologies to you if it came out like i was being an arse, im not on here to argue with anyone, especially an active user like yourself, (see you in a lot of topics)

The only reason i said anything was choice 3 you had listed.

Like i said i apologize and i am deleting post, wasn't meant to offend you

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I wasn't offended. I was just explaining to you how it came off. I assumed your intention was not to come off that way. Like I said before, no big deal.