What Touches You?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
All these threads about tracking numbers, Android vs. iPhone, etc., are giving me a headache! How bout a thread on what touches you? What chokes you up, brings tears to your eyes?
Lately, what touches me the most are the videos of kids who get surprised by a parent coming home from military service in the Middle East. My God, the looks on their faces when the children see their parent for the first time in a year or more makes me feel verklempt. (Talk amongst yourselves).
So, what warms your heart so much that you have to clear your throat, look away and change the subject?

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
A family member dying, loosing a friend, 9/11, the troops coming home for the first and seeing their family member's then deploying back to the war zone.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Well then:
So son was 3 1/2 and hubby was supose to return after a quiet long deployment.
Son was still barley talking then and we had no definate time or matter a fact date of his arrival
But we were waiting like we always did with stories and a list of things what we will do when he get's home.
My kid has never colored in a book or anything he would not touch paints (he's got Sensory Processing Disorder)
But that day we played outside and he actually took chalk and drew some lines on the sidewalk all the way to the house. What I had no idea at first! What that was supose to be and anyway happy he was touching chalk.
Then he begged to go inside he was actually frantic about it. There he grabbed his pencils
and then he did continiue the Hallway and ll over the house to draw those lines all the way to his room.
I kept asking what that is? And telling him we do not draw on walls. Then I took a few pics
As I downloaded the pics I could tell what they were ! Arrows pointing to his room. He said" Daddy find home"
I kept those arrows until the day we moved!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When someone I love is sick and far away. Everytime I look at their picture I feel both useless and sad.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Missing someone and, perhaps, the fear of a close one passing away, especially while listening to music. Also watching a sad movie truly brings tears to my eyes and my heart starts to ache, especially if it's a story based on real events. I also get very sad when I go to places that remind me of certain people; heck, I shed a tear when I go to places for the first time without using my car since it is now dead.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Whenever I hear one of two songs it makes me think if my mother, I lost her to cancer seven yrs ago, and I always get choked up. Any movie about fire fighters. A lot of the 9/11 stuff got to me this year.
In a positive way seeing someone help and old person touches me in a positive way. When I hold the door open for someone and they actually say thank you. That touches me.

Aug 31, 2010
When I hold the door open for someone and they actually say thank you. That touches me.
Come live here. Almost everyone says thank you, and it's considered incredibly rude when someone fails to do so.

Anyways, I'm a walking stereotype. Marriage proposals and weddings always get me.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
that's what I thought at first lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My Becca 365 video. I haven't gotten through it yet without choking up and I spent a LOT of time making it and have viewed it countless times.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Most of my clothes touch me, and onions do bring tears to my eyes :D

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Two things lately...
I cry when I get off the phone with one of my siblings or parents. I haven't seen them in so long and they're all more than 1,000 miles away. I miss my family like crazy.

The other...
is all the unselfishness and generosity I've seen since the horrible tornadoes hit here in April. (I'm in Alabama.) Not sure why as my son and I volunteer to help those in need, too, but watching others doing the same - folding donated clothes, delivering brown bag lunches to families in tents, making crock pots of chili and scooping it into bowls from the back of an SUV, or helping people find family photos in the rubble - makes me weep like a baby.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well then:
So son was 3 1/2 and hubby was supose to return after a quiet long deployment.
Son was still barley talking then and we had no definate time or matter a fact date of his arrival
But we were waiting like we always did with stories and a list of things what we will do when he get's home.
My kid has never colored in a book or anything he would not touch paints (he's got Sensory Processing Disorder)
But that day we played outside and he actually took chalk and drew some lines on the sidewalk all the way to the house. What I had no idea at first! What that was supose to be and anyway happy he was touching chalk.
Then he begged to go inside he was actually frantic about it. There he grabbed his pencils
and then he did continiue the Hallway and ll over the house to draw those lines all the way to his room.
I kept asking what that is? And telling him we do not draw on walls. Then I took a few pics
As I downloaded the pics I could tell what they were ! Arrows pointing to his room. He said" Daddy find home"
I kept those arrows until the day we moved!
Oh wow. What an amazing story. Brought a tear of joy to my eye.

Michael

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Come live here. Almost everyone says thank you, and it's considered incredibly rude when someone fails to do so.

Anyways, I'm a walking stereotype. Marriage proposals and weddings always get me.
I think it's incredibly rude everywhere :p

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
After the champions league final won by inter Milan after 49 years 2 years ago in Germany, we all knew Jose mourinho was going to leave Italy, he couldn't take the Italian media anymore. He did the same thing few years earlier after winning the CL with Porto. but we were all hopeful he would stay.

Till I saw this, shot right outside the stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHapk81901Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

for a big inter fan like me, i always get a bit emotional everytime I see the video. It's a mix feeling of gratitude and sadness to see the most successful coach at inter leaving.
Winning the champions league is the most prestigious trophy you can win is soccer by clubs.