What videos on the Internet can I watch with iPhone?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
What videos work on the Internet exactly? Like what formats and stuff?

alpinelegacy06

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
What videos work on the Internet exactly? Like what formats and stuff?
so far haven't been able to get any other video format to work. adobe flash, windows media player, nothing. we're stuck with youtube for now.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
so far haven't been able to get any other video format to work. adobe flash, windows media player, nothing. we're stuck with youtube for now.
Who needs anything else other than YouTube? It practically has any video you'd ever want to watch. Granted that not all of them are currently encoded the proper way to play on the iPhone, but I do believe Apple said they will all be encoded that way in the future so that any video on YouTube will play on the iPhone.

I expect Adobe Flash coming with future software upgrades. WMV will never work on the iPhone because thats the competitions video encoding.

I expect more and more stuff will be released through software updates that we'll be able to put on our devices via synching up with iTunes. I would like to see an iChat, where you can chat via AIM, Yahoo, and MSN Messanger. I expect this will all come down the road. Right now, we kind of have a foundation of what the iPhone offers. Heck, YouTube was a last minute throw in. I'm glad they gave us that at launch.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Who needs anything else other than YouTube? It practically has any video you'd ever want to watch. Granted that not all of them are currently encoded the proper way to play on the iPhone, but I do believe Apple said they will all be encoded that way in the future so that any video on YouTube will play on the iPhone.

I expect Adobe Flash coming with future software upgrades. WMV will never work on the iPhone because thats the competitions video encoding.

I expect more and more stuff will be released through software updates that we'll be able to put on our devices via synching up with iTunes. I would like to see an iChat, where you can chat via AIM, Yahoo, and MSN Messanger. I expect this will all come down the road. Right now, we kind of have a foundation of what the iPhone offers. Heck, YouTube was a last minute throw in. I'm glad they gave us that at launch.
yes u do have a point

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
atm i think just youtube.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
you can also watch quick time format, like the finger tips on the Apple site.