What was the biggest part of the iPhone 3G announcement?

What was the biggest part of the iPhone 3G announcement?

• 3G speeds

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • GPS

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Price

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Available in more countries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Available in colors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Weigh in on what you thought was the biggest part of the announcement?

matt4492

May 28, 2008
for me the price i never knew it would hit this low....this fast

the 3g and GPS are huge announcements, but expected thats why i don't think that they are the biggest parts.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
The price is really the deal maker for me. I still can't really believe it, it will be so cheap!
(Compared to what it used to be) for me anyways.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Definitely price. I didn't really want to spend $600 for a new phone, but I might be able to cough up $300. :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Whoa. Seems like this is a 1-sided poll outcome as of yet. I think 3G is obviously what Apple was trying to convey but their pricing just seems to blow most people away.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Without a doubt, price. They definitely took the pressure off themselves to include enough new features to warrant purchases from all of us. At a price like that, no one can complain.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I can't believe the rumors were spot on. $200 bucks? Now I'm worried about space for apps...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
16GB = more space for Movies and Music and more $$$ for the iTunes store. Jobs knows what he's doing.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Definitely price. I didn't really want to spend $600 for a new phone, but I might be able to cough up $300. :D
ugh i know. its so tempting i might not be able to resist. gps, blazing speed, double the space for only 300 bucks. I was just gonna sit tight with my 1st gen iPhone but i might not be able to control myself now.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
ugh i know. its so tempting i might not be able to resist. gps, blazing speed, double the space for only 300 bucks. I was just gonna sit tight with my 1st gen iPhone but i might not be able to control myself now.
Exactly what I was thinking. Twice as fast, GPS, and double the space for only $300.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
the price is a huge turn on for me. I'm glad its this cheap. Do you think I will be able to use my store credit to purchase it. I still have $100.00 store credit from when they did the iPhone thing when they dropped the price last year. I remember they said it does not expire. In that sense I can get an 8GB iPhone for $100.00, plus tax of course.

The GPS function, I don't know how well we can use that. Whats the point if they don't implement a turn for turn navigation? I mean, it can pin point where you exactly are and then you can get a more accurate route to where you are going, but turn for turn would help. Some lesser cellphones have that feature. I hope a third party app fills that gap.

3G is a good thing. Able to surf the web faster and download things faster over the air without having to deal with EDGE with snail speeds.

Its thinner, which has its good points and bad points. But we will debate that no matter what. My first thought is the current skins and cases have to be modified to fit. I've learned my lesson, always wear protection. Broken iPhone screen does not look great.

:)

July 11, thats the next iDay, Chris will I see you there? ( roosevelt field mall )

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Definitely price for me...as i said in another post, i can take my kidney off of ebay now....whew, i need it now to handle the extra celebratory beer.

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Why isn't there a poll option of "Nothing"? It's a huge disappointment, the new iPhone.

Lets go over the list of features it has:
-GPS
-3G
-Two colors
-Plastic
-Metal buttons

Yeah...I'll pass thanks.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I think it definitely the look and color cause ya kno we had seen so many mock-ups of 3G iPhone before the release, that it was driving us crazy their was literally a new mock-up or picture every week lol!