What was this

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
This maybe a stupid question but made me nervous.
Noticed an empty grey icon on my iPhone, which appeared to be installing something. After about 3 minutes the installation was complete and the grey icon disappeared. Was unable to remove it while it was installing
Can someone tell me what it is or was? There was nothing to identify what it was.
The only change I noticed on my phone was that it asked for my iTunes password several times throughout the day which it never did before. It was on a wifi connection to my modem and everything appears to be working correctly now.
Any help would be appreciated
J

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Did you jailbreak or is this a stock phone?

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
Totally stock. Never been jailbroken.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well the only thing I can think of would be it was grey because the icon didn't download correctly and the reason it downloaded itself was because you attempted to download it when you had either bad reception or no reception.

Other than that I got nothing :/

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
You are being hacked. The phone will explode as soon as it finishes uploading ally our personal info to the hacker.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
What has happened is you have tried to download an app, could have been a while ago and there was an error whilst it was downloading. Therefore it never installed properly.

What happens is iTunes randomly tries to install it, hence it asking for your password again. This has happened to me before, randomly, it happened to me after I had been roaming to another country, have you been abroad?

Could just be a co-incidence however. Nothing to worry about though, your not being hacked as London says ;)

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. You'd be surprised all the things that were going through my head of what it could have been. Everything works fine as far as I can tell.
Haven't been abroad though.