What was your last phone before the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
What was your last cell phone?

For me it was a Motorola Q. Before that it was a Crackberry 7250. Before that it was a Samsung i700 first generation windows smartphone.

So, tell us about your phone addiction. :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What was your last cell phone?

For me it was a Motorola Q. Before that it was a Crackberry 7250. Before that it was a Samsung i700 first generation windows smartphone.

So, tell us about your phone addiction. :)
The list is long... still sitting on my desk are the following:
  • Sprint Moto Q
  • Verizon Moto Q
  • Treo 700p
  • Treo 700w
  • Treo 650
  • Treo 300
I'm not a typical user though.:p

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Most recent was the Blackjack, which was a fantastic phone. Once I learned a couple of battery saving tricks (keep it on edge for email, etc., only use 3G when browsing internet), it was the best phone I ever had. Small, light, and with the 3rd party apps...I could make it do anything.

Had the Q before that...Treo 650...iJam...treo 600...countless others.

Still...the iPhone has the most promise of any phone. still need 3rd party apps and some OS tweaks (landscape on demand in all apps, MMS, louder volume, etc.). But there is no competition for internet browsing, the phone part is easier to use than the competition, and the iPod has no peer. The PDA part just needs some improvement.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
My most recent was a Motorola Q.

Before that was a Treo 750. And a 700. And a 650. And a 600.

The iPhone is light years ahead of any of those, especially the Treos. I've never used a more unstable product than the Treo. People complain about their iPhone Safari browser occasionally closing, but I'll take that any day over having to pop the back off a Treo and doing a soft reset every hour because it was locked up.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Well, my most recent phone was a Nokia N80. At home, in my tech pile, I still have...

- T-Mobile Dash
- Treo 750
- Blackjack (which I'm using right now for Exchange email)
- Blackberry Pearl

Joe

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Sprint Motorola Q (more dropped and missed calls than any phone I've ever had)
Samsung A900
A few other flip phones before that.

davpel

Jun 22, 2007
yes it was slow but i did like the iTunes on it. it was an ok phone i thought. Did u like an part of it?
Treo 300
Treo 600
Moto MPx 200
Moto MPx 220
Moto MPx 300 (oh, if only it had more memory!)
iMate PDA2k (aka Blue Angel)
Samsung i730
Pantech PN-820 (WM5 smartphone)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
My story is actually pretty funny, at school i was known for having the most "ghettoest" phone (in a bad way). but now i can safely say that i went from having the worst cell phone to having the best. anyways i had a Samsung SCH A670 which originally looked like this
http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/images/Samsung/sch-a670.jpg but after a year and a half i "dropped it" and the flip part broke completely off. but it still worked i just needed to use a headset all the time since the hearing part was on the top flip side that broke off. so my phone no longer rang anymore i had to put it on silent every time i turned it on. i had to memorize the menus just to call someone in my phone book like i had to press 3 buttons then start typing there name then i could call them or just dial a number. you could never see or tell who's calling or if you have missed calls or anything. all my friends actually thought it was cool because of how it still worked and everything after being broken in half lol. and i used this phone like that for about 3-4 months lol. this is what it looked like during those 3-4 months till this day.

Last edited by a moderator: