What was your phone before the iPhone?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's the fifth anniversary of the iPhone, so though it would be fitting to ask the question:

What was your phone before the iPhone? Was it back in 2007 or you a relatively new iPhone user?

Let me know...

If I recall correctly, I was using both a Palm Treo 700p and a Motorola Q.

How about you? Did you ever leave the iPhone once becoming a convert?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I was using a Treo 680 when I purchased the iPhone on release day in June 2007. I jumped through a few hoops to buy it in the limited edition copper color over the plain gray version. I loved the color but hated its instability - it would crash on me almost every day. However, it synced my contacts, calendars, and tasks with my Mac and worked fairly well as a phone. I had carried an iPod Video for my music-listening needs. The iPhone made me sell that Treo like it was the plague and my iPod Video went soon after that since the iPhone could handle the tasks of both.

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
Palm Treo 650.
Used to hate the delay in touchscreen controls. Phone rings, press answer button - nothing happens. Press again... Call is answered, hangup button appears in same spot, and i've already pressed it - so call is disconnected. Arrrggghhh.

Never looked back after V1 iPhone.

Sent from my iPad2 via the iCafe app

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
I had the TREO 650 than the TREO 700 before I stood in line to get the 3G iPhone... and never looked back, 3GS the following Year, than the 4, and now the 4S......waiting patiently for the next one...​

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
A bit of a Nokia fan..... I really liked my Nokia Communicators....The NokiaN93(3.2 mega pixel, 3 x optical zoom Carl Zeiss lens:ROFLMAO: ) was my last phone before the iPhone

For a laugh I offered the 3 phones to one of these websites that buy old phones...was offered £6 for all 3....:ROFLMAO::LOL:

0aba3257.jpg

404769ac.jpg

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It's the fifth anniversary of the iPhone, so though it would be fitting to ask the question:

What was your phone before the iPhone? Was it back in 2007 or you a relatively new iPhone user?

Let me know...

If I recall correctly, I was using both a Palm Treo 700p and a Motorola Q.

How about you? Did you ever leave the iPhone once becoming a convert?
I had a Motorola Q. Once I went iPhone, I never went back.