What Widgets Do You Have?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I just saw a tweet, Launcher is returning to the App Store on March 19. No word yet on whether one would have to re-purchase the app nor, my question, whether the returning version will differ from the version some of us still have on our devices, replacing, removing some functionality.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just installed and deleted Launcher. The only reason I wanted it was for the Siri toggle, which @Ledsteplin said it had in version 1, but it's not there in the new version. I guess Apple made them pull it. Also, it requires Touch ID/passcode to do anything, so I don't have any interest in this widget antway. It's weird how some widgets can bypass that security and do functions that you authorize it to and others are hobbled by it. Widgets that require it are useless to me.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Launcher is back!

View attachment 41048

Just tried to update. Looks like they removed it already! Haha!

View attachment 41049
That's odd. It does work. I updated it last night. My Wife got that pop up this morning and tapped "close". The pop up came back. I told her to tap "ok". Then it worked and she updated. ??

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Just installed and deleted Launcher. The only reason I wanted it was for the Siri toggle, which @Ledsteplin said it had in version 1, but it's not there in the new version. I guess Apple made them pull it. Also, it requires Touch ID/passcode to do anything, so I don't have any interest in this widget antway. It's weird how some widgets can bypass that security and do functions that you authorize it to and others are hobbled by it. Widgets that require it are useless to me.
I recall some talk about Siri. I had it at that time, but don't think I ever tapped on it. ZR_Yancy is who offered the URL for it. I don't think it was ever listed in Launcher. I entered the URL again and got it back using the same PNG image I used before. So I test it this time. It does not launch Siri.
Added;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426778587.758504.jpg

Tap on it and it takes you here:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426778622.724847.jpg

The URL: prefs:root=General&path=SIRI

Note: ZOOM up my notes icon and read it. :)

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recall some talk about Siri. I had it at that time, but don't think I ever tapped on it. ZR_Yancy is who offered the URL for it. I don't think it was ever listed in Launcher. I entered the URL again and got it back using the same PNG image I used before. So I test it this time. It does not launch Siri.
Added;
View attachment 41050

Tap on it and it takes you here:
View attachment 41051

The URL: prefs:root=General&path=SIRI

Note: ZOOM up my notes icon and read it. :)

Thanks. I reinstalled it to test that and it works. I have a jailbreak tweak to auto-disable Siri when I lose my signal (and auto-enable it when it returns), so I don't need it right now, but it will be handy for when I'm stock.
image.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I use ProCamera 8 + HDR as my default camera. Camera+ is good as well, but it has no video. You can access Camera+ from the lock screen by pulling down the NC screen for the Camera+ widget. Not quite as fast as the stock, but fairly quick. So I email Cocologics, the ProCamera devs, about a quick access for ProCamera 8. Or at least a listing with Launcher. Eva replied and said a feature like that of Camera+ will be in the next update. She also said they can be added to Launcher. They have requested to be added to Launcher's list. But for now it requires using a URL. So if you use ProCamera 8, here's the URL. It can be for different options. So on the end, you have to enter the option you want. So I used procamera://photo. You can put HDR, video or etc on the end of procamera://. So now I can access the camera from the lock screen as long as it's not locked. If locked, I still have to enter my code. And there's no icon for it yet. But I made one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426955778.734910.jpg

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
The vidgets app update is pretty nice. Let's you add loads of contacts to either text, call or FaceTime. Very neat interface too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427920789.261003.jpg

Rgn

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 29, 2013
You got it set up yet? Did you use any PNG images?

I had it once for a few days before I sent my phone in for repairs. No I didn't use png images. Now I have a jailbroken phone on IOS 7.1.2.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm beta testing the TuneIn Radio Free version. I have 2 accounts set up. One on Pro for music and one on the free version for talk radio and podcasts. I follow myself both ways. So I really only use the free version to make edits.