What would make my iPhone 4 not go into recovery?

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
My iPhone 4 has been what I think.. "Bricked" for the past few weeks. Only thing I am able to get into is DFU mode, and iTunes does recognize it but I get the awful 16** 02,01 errors..

I have tried many many times to hold the home button, while the phone is off, then connecting it to the usb to get into recovery (connect to iTunes picture ) but i only will see the Apple logo, and even for 10 mins if i choose to hold for that long..

Im in desperate need of help! The iPhone is originally from Hong-Kong, so I don't think a simple take it to the Apple store will really work :(

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
My iPhone 4 has been what I think.. "Bricked" for the past few weeks. Only thing I am able to get into is DFU mode, and iTunes does recognize it but I get the awful 16** 02,01 errors..

I have tried many many times to hold the home button, while the phone is off, then connecting it to the usb to get into recovery (connect to iTunes picture ) but i only will see the Apple logo, and even for 10 mins if i choose to hold for that long..

Im in desperate need of help! The iPhone is originally from Hong-Kong, so I don't think a simple take it to the Apple store will really work :(
Something must be very wrong with your phone! I suggest you contact Apple with this problem and hear what they have to say.
http://www.apple.com/support/iTunes/contact.html#

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe