What Would You Do? (Battery Issue)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have to decide whether to exchange my iPhone or not.

The only issue I have is that no matter what I do I cannot get it to report usage stats even though I'm getting a full charge (plug icon shows in mini battery).

I've tried restoring.
I've tried hard reset while on the charger (full charged) and off (right after fulling charging).
I've tried getting full charged on the dock and using the AC adaptor.
I've tried letting the battery go dead before charging.
I've tried charging with power off and power on.
I've tried charging in airplane mode.

Nothing works! LOL

Latest thing that happened... Saturday night I used the AC Charger with the phone on Airplane mode for the first time. Next morning the little battery was showing fully charged (with plug icon), the big battery was only showing about 80% charged! LOL! That's the FIRST TIME that happened...

but...
I put it on the dock last night (even though it didn't need it) and this morning it showed fully charged with both battery graphics.

I'm getting GREAT battery life. With WiFi shut off (and turned on only when I need it) I'm going two days before it needs to go back on the charger (charged fully Thursday night, didn't need charging again until Saturday night).

I have no volume issues.

I have no out of the ordinary software crashing problems.

I get great reception on Edge and on Calls.

I don't know what to do... should I exchange it? Is there something else I can try to get the usage stats working?

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I'd wait. I think this is a software issue, not a hardware issue. You're getting great battery life, i wouldn't risk getting a phone with other problems, like low-volume or crappy battery life.

genexrocket

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i have the same exact problem as you, I have excellent battery life(I can see myself going for 3 days without a charge) the only problem is that I can't see the usage stats, so I'm just gonna wait for a firmware update. Just in case though, I'm wondering if you can still exchange it after the 14 days with the one year warranty for usage not showing?

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Personally i wouldn't worry about it, it may not be showing usage stats, but your getting great "real world" usage stats (great battery life, and call volume) and that is all that really matters.:)

beaken

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Mine did this the first couple days but then I killed the battery fully two days in a row and now I get the stats every day. And if I sync it mid day it shows a message that I have sync in between charges for the day. But my stats still stay on the screen and fluxuate with what ever it is I do. I would suggest killing that battery let it run down till it gives you the messages that the bats low and wait for it to shut it self off. Then plug it into the wall charger.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I've tried killing off the battery before charging it... I'll try it again...

I'm glad you all kinda agree with what I thought was the best course of action... to wait a while and see. Funny thing is, the two times I called Apple tech support about it, both techs said "Usage Stats? Where's that?" - LOL

They are always nice and usually helpful... but this was one area they didn't seem to know about.