What would YOU do if you were to hit the lottery?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
In light of this huge lottery (U.S.) forecasted for tonight ($540 million jackpot, if taken as a $390 million lump sum and after federal tax withholding, works out to about $293 million), just thought it'd be fun to hear what people would do if they were to win. I've got one ticket, so my 1 chance in 176 million is in play.

I'm boring, I'd finish paying off the house, set up my two kid's college funds and then invest some money into the local youth football program I help run. Nothing too flashy!

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
If I won, not that I have a chance as I'm in the UK, I'd pay off my parents' mortgage and buy another house. I'd also put away money for my brother sister's education.

I'd then buy the new subdivision that was built where I grew up in the Philippines and put my less fortunate uncles and aunts there. As long as they take care of the place, they could live there for free. I shall call it "Villa Epifaña", it's a really fitting name.

Then I think I'd help the local elementary school... Waiting for the local government is like waiting for the sun to wink out.

I'd have to buy a bunch of Apple products as well! ;) or invest in Apple stocks.

And with that much money, I could tour the world... I'd have to take my cousins with me.

I've no fear of letting that much amount of money overwhelm me, I've got my mum to answer to if I did. She'd smack the back of my head anytime, millionaire or no millionaire. LOL

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Donate to Make A Wish Foundation and St. Jude's Children Hospital. Then set me and my family up for life. That includes a fully automated home run by a HAL-like computer system with the baddest Mac Pro money can buy.

Mar 30, 2012
Buy me a gaming desktop, a gaming laptop, a new Apple iPad, a new Apple iPhone, a new internet service, and share the rest with my family. Not sure what else to buy. If I had my own apartment or house, maybe I'd buy a new hdtv with cable and a xbox 360 w/Live and a playstation. Oh and I would also buy me a pet cat :)