What would you say to convince someone to buy an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, May 9, 2013.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This isn't an us vs them thread.

If you were trying to convince someone to buy an iPhone 5, what features or personal experiences would you cite to make your case?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple is the only company that makes the hardware and the software. It's well-supported and well-built. The company is based in the US and you can get same-day replacements at an Apple store opposed to shipping it out to vendor who handles US exchanges for an overseas company. Apple has exceptional customer service. The resale value of iPhones is typically higher than that of other smartphones. The iPhone 5 fares best in every drop test video I have ever seen. The app quality and availability is better. There is no fragmentation. iPhones are supported for at least three years. Some Android phones never get a big update. It will integrate better in your car if you have an iPod-ready head unit. You'll be able to stream media to your TV with live video conversion. It has a smooth inferface, the battery life tends to be better, the charge times are often faster and you can use it single-handedly...like you should be able to with a mobile phone.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

• You'll be able to send free messages to friends with iOS devices using iMessage
    • Photostream allows you to share a group of photos with a select group of friends (also with iOS devices)
    • All of the Google apps are available for iOS including Google Now, Google Maps, Google + and so on
    • There is no comparison when it comes to after-market accessories and cases.
    • Any app you buy will work on the iPad, which you'll want soon after realizing how incredibly happy you are after we convinced you buy an iPhone 5.
    • How do you hold your phone? With one hand? The iPhone has a large display, but no so large that your phone is "too big"
    • Although Europa mentioned it, it's worth mentioning again and in bold. The app quality and availability is better.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ah, yes. I forgot iMessages. That's a big plus. It's free, works in areas where you have no cellular signal or a poor signal as long as you have WiFi, you can see when someone is typing, and you get delivery confirmation with sent messages.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I would tell them no other phone by any other manufacturer has a third-party website to come to for support as awesome as eiC/iPopuli.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

#6 Napoleon PhoneApart, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

What she said ^^^

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I said that. :p

#8 Europa, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My intent was to post the link I provided, which you did not, :p

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Gotcha.

Yet you use an Android. Sigh.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This isn't an us vs them thread. :D

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I don't know whether Androids can do this with Windows machines or not, but to this day, the ability to enable Home Sharing on iTunes on my iMac and then have access to my entire iTunes library from my iPhone (while both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, obviously) is awesome. And this isn't even new to the iPhone 5.

Sometimes I'm in the living room and want to hear songs that I have on my iMac, and I can stream them right off the iMac without having to use the local storage on my iPhone.

Apple's Remote.app on iOS is also a very big thing for me.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Agreed. The ability to stream content to different devices in the home is a wonderful thing to have.

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

For new smartphone users, they have the comfort of the home button. Wherever you are, pressing the home button will return you to the home screen. As power users, we often forget how simplicity and something as basic as this can be comforting to folks who are new to smartphones.

15. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

And the iPhone 5 is just plain gorgeous. I have a white one and I marvel at how great it looks all the time.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I still do the same thing with my white iPhone 5 and I've had it for 7 months. The white 4S didn't wow me at all. It's mostly the diamond cut on the 5's aluminum chamfers. I love the way it shines when the light catches it. The stainless steel on the 4S doesn't do that.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The black iPhone 5 rules.

18. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

It does. It just doesn't look as good as the white. ;)

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're right; it looks better than the white.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You are so delusional. :D