What your iPhone's home screen says about you

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris, Jan 27, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If you need a laugh or two, I've got an article on the different types of home screen organizers. Are you a hoarder, subscribe the idea of a swipe zone or maybe just enjoy the stock look? Are you any the five or maybe something completely different. No screens necessary in this thread - we've got threads for that. In words, how are you organizing your iPhone's home screen and why? What works for you?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm definitely a Swiper, though not for the reasons stated in the article.

image.jpg

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm a hoarder. I have 15 folders in use on the first home screen. Anywhere from 2 to 18 apps per folder.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Ouch! I'm not a fan of the folder. In fact, I have an aversion to using folders. The only folder I allow is the one that Apple creates on the stock install.

I try to keep my home screen stock. My second screen really is where I get things done. It's a full screen of apps. I've also shifted Mail out of the dock and added Boxer, which I use now as my default email app. It really helps me sort through my email quickly.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

8 of the stock apps I never use. 2 I use, but not enough to have on my first home screen. That doesn't leave much stock left for me to have only stock on my first home screen. I've tried it a lot of ways, but keep going back to using folders. That seems to work best for what I do.

6. Miz.Michele

Miz.Michele Member
    Bronze

I'm a control freak BUT I have pages and pages all nicely categorized....lol.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not using any folders and still have to get my home screens organized. I want to have all the apps I access frequently on the first screen and then maybe have a category for the other screens like Finance, Games, etc. The other way I may do it is to employ the use of folders but not on every screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. denzel1989

denzel1989 Member
    Bronze

It's all depends on my mood. I like colour

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

9. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I guess I would fall under the "Hoarder with OCD" category. I have 17 folders on my home screen (sorry Chris, I hate to see a grown man cringe) including 2 on the dock plus one more folder on the second screen for stock apps that I don't want but cannot remove. Each folder contains apps of a similar nature. All the weather related apps in one folder, another folder for Utilities and other folders for Shopping, Navigation, ad nauseam. The folders, on the home page, are organized by frequency of use as are the contents of each folder. 169 apps total at the moment but I do go through them occasionally and remove things I haven't really used or have found something better to replace them with.