What's a 5S Worth these days?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Anyone have any idea what a 32 GB GOLDEN iPhone 5S is selling for on the secondary marked these days?

I doubt it matters, but I believe this WAS the FIRST model to be available in GOLD!!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You listed a Gazelle purchase price, not a sale price. They flip them for a profit. The sale price to Gazelle is $110 for a flawless 5s. https://m.gazelle.com/sell/495462-gpid
You can get about $90 more if you sell them privately. I check eBay for actual value and then list them on Craigslist. I've always found them to be quite easy to sell.
Anyone have any idea what a 32 GB GOLDEN iPhone 5S is selling for on the secondary marked these days?

I doubt it matters, but I believe this WAS the FIRST model to be available in GOLD!!
About $200.

Yep, it was the first gold iPhone, but color doesn't typically effect the sale price or allow you to sell it faster. Getting it unlocked by AT&T will usually allow you to sell it faster. Most of mine sell within three hours of posting a Craigslist ad, but I time them to for sale right before a new iPhone launches and the value slightly declines.

Kratos

Sep 20, 2016
The price depends on the SIM/Network Lock status of the iPhone 5s.

If you want an unlocked one, I believe a price around $200 would be a good one.

If you go for a locked device, the price will be lower, but then you will have to unlock it, so I believe going for the unlocked version is the best option.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
The price depends on the SIM/Network Lock status of the iPhone 5s.

If you want an unlocked one, I believe a price around $200 would be a good one.

If you go for a locked device, the price will be lower, but then you will have to unlock it, so I believe going for the unlocked version is the best option.
I was asking cause I was thinking of selling one. Not buying.

It's an AT&T unlocked phone.