What's a 5S Worth these days?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by bballrob, Sep 26, 2016.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Anyone have any idea what a 32 GB GOLDEN iPhone 5S is selling for on the secondary marked these days?

I doubt it matters, but I believe this WAS the FIRST model to be available in GOLD!!

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Did you look on eBay?

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You listed a Gazelle purchase price, not a sale price. They flip them for a profit. The sale price to Gazelle is $110 for a flawless 5s. https://m.gazelle.com/sell/495462-gpid
    You can get about $90 more if you sell them privately. I check eBay for actual value and then list them on Craigslist. I've always found them to be quite easy to sell.
    About $200.

Yep, it was the first gold iPhone, but color doesn't typically effect the sale price or allow you to sell it faster. Getting it unlocked by AT&T will usually allow you to sell it faster. Most of mine sell within three hours of posting a Craigslist ad, but I time them to for sale right before a new iPhone launches and the value slightly declines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Kratos

Kratos New Member

The price depends on the SIM/Network Lock status of the iPhone 5s.

If you want an unlocked one, I believe a price around $200 would be a good one.

If you go for a locked device, the price will be lower, but then you will have to unlock it, so I believe going for the unlocked version is the best option.

6. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I was asking cause I was thinking of selling one. Not buying.

It's an AT&T unlocked phone.