What's a nice "clean" "mature" looking case :)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im looking for a new case for my iPhone since I lost my Sena Ultraslim :(
-I think it was inevitable that it would soon come up missing since it was a "sleeve" case where you just take the iPhone out to use it...and now Im looking for a case that is actually a "case" that will actually cover up the iPhone itself ya kno:cool:

So far Ive been looking at the DLO Jam Jacket cause its silicon and looks nice but I want to hear some user reviews or some advice from fellow iPhoners who may have had good experiences with other case;)
-Remember I have the iPhone v1.

Thanks EiC!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
What's wrong with the Incase Slider?

It's classy looking and offers great protection.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Seidio Innocase II. It's what I would get if I had a 3G.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Incase slider it is:cool:
-Thanks bros:laugh2:

Looks like I might have to save alittle since its like $35 dollars heh but Im sure it will be well worth the price :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Incase slider it is:cool:
-Thanks bros:laugh2:

Looks like I might have to save alittle since its like $35 dollars heh but Im sure it will be well worth the price :)
They are well worth the price. The biggest problem is choosing which one. :p They have soo many good ones. I currently have the gun metal, but am looking at others.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I wish they had a gun metal version for the v1 hehe I guess sooner or later Im gonna have to "upgrade" to the 3G or v3 cause there's like nothing made or being made for us "last" v1'ers hehe;)

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I agree, worth the price. I've dropped my phone too many times and it's still working perfectly. I need to get a new case though. I've dropped it so much it's cracking now. I'm in your same boat, I need to save up some money first.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
A word of caution though. I have a incase slider for my 3G and I've had it in a case since I bought it. I've dropped my phone probably like four times ever. At the bottom of where the dock connector is the casing on the phone is cracking. So me and a buddy went to the Apple store and talked to one of the people there they recommend a case that has both a hard shell and somewhat of a silicone or soft inside. This is just my experience with it though. I hope this will help ya darkside.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yako- The cracked iPhone casing might not be because of the Incase. The iPhone 3G's plastic back has been known to crack, and is replaceable by Apple at no charge.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Yako- The cracked iPhone casing might not be because of the Incase. The iPhone 3G's plastic back has been known to crack, and is replaceable by Apple at no charge.
Yeah your totally right im not positive if it was because of the case but just thought I'd mention it. I love the case except for the fact that it also scratches up my back pretty bad! Really!? they will replace it for no extra charge?!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yes, the cracked casing is a known defect of the 3G back. Not all of them have it though. Just take it in to the Genius Bar and you should walk away with a new (refurbed) phone.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Yes, the cracked casing is a known defect of the 3G back. Not all of them have it though. Just take it in to the Genius Bar and you should walk away with a new (refurbed) phone.
I wonder if its worth turning it in? I have been lucky enough to not have any problems with it. The biggest worry is it has kinda spread. I really hope I don't get a refurb iPhone...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I really hope I don't get a refurb iPhone...

If you take your phone in for exchange, the chances are nearly 100% that you'll get a refurb. But refurbs from Apple really are very, very good. Many (including myself) would say they're more likely to be perfect than a new unit.

itrocks4u

Jan 13, 2009
Whats the link for incase sliders? Where can I buy them from?

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
You can buy the Incase Slider at just about any Best Buy.

I have a question for you Slider users...how do you carry around your phone? Do you have a leather pouch that you put it in on your belt? I like to have my phone on my belt, but I'm not seeing an economical way to put my 3G in a Slider and then purchase another leather case for my belt!

I currently have a Contour Showcase, which has been great, but I am beginning to think it detracts from the look of the 3G. It's pretty bulky. However, I don't want to throw another $50 at cases!

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
If you take your phone in for exchange, the chances are nearly 100% that you'll get a refurb. But refurbs from Apple really are very, very good. Many (including myself) would say they're more likely to be perfect than a new unit.
Well I made my appointment and its today in like 20 min so I'll go ahead and turn it in and replace it. Thanks guys:laugh2: