What's been happening with our blog

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
As you may have noticed, posts on the blog have slowed down and as of late, we haven't any new content. Like many publishers, we've seen a decline in advertising revenue over the past few years. That's certainly not helped by past user centric decisions to limit, if not completely remove ads from portions of the site. With the upcoming iOS 9 content blockers, this situation is bound to get worse. It's forced me to make some tough decisions, one of which was to drastically reduce investment in new content. If you've followed the blog over the past year, we had started a path away from re-blogging rumors and clickbait headlines. The focus shifted to producing content that matters most to users. I'm proud of the high quality reviews, how-to guides and the occasional editorial. There's also a cost associated with producing that sort of content. Great content doesn't always translate to a sustainable business model.

Next month I'll be starting a new position that will require my full attention. It's an incredibly exciting opportunity and at some point, I'll share more about what's happening with me.

The site isn't going anywhere, but I felt it necessary to provide an update on what's happening. I'm still accessible and you can expect the same high quality experience you've come to love from eiC. Our forums are still a great place to discuss all things iPhone. I'll certainly continue to take part in discussions and I hope that you'll continue to call eiC your community. Besides owning the site, I love the community we've created here. I'm hoping that at some point we see a return in traffic levels that allows investment in great, engaging content.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
As you may have noticed, posts on the blog have slowed down and as of late, we haven't any new content. Like many publishers, we've seen a decline in advertising revenue over the past few years. That's certainly not helped by past user centric decisions to limit, if not completely remove ads from portions of the site. With the upcoming iOS 9 content blockers, this situation is bound to get worse. It's forced me to make some tough decisions, one of which was to drastically reduce investment in new content. If you've followed the blog over the past year, we had started a path away from re-blogging rumors and clickbait headlines. The focus shifted to producing content that matters most to users. I'm proud of the high quality reviews, how-to guides and the occasional editorial. There's also a cost associated with producing that sort of content. Great content doesn't always translate to a sustainable business model.

Next month I'll be starting a new position that will require my full attention. It's an incredibly exciting opportunity and at some point, I'll share more about what's happening with me.

The site isn't going anywhere, but I felt it necessary to provide an update on what's happening. I'm still accessible and you can expect the same high quality experience you've come to love from eiC. Our forums are still a great place to discuss all things iPhone. I'll certainly continue to take part in discussions and I hope that you'll continue to call eiC your community. Besides owning the site, I love the community we've created here. I'm hoping that at some point we see a return in traffic levels that allows investment in great, engaging content.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.
I've said this once or twice before and it bears repeating once in a while. "Thank you Chris for all that you do with and for this community". While I do miss the articles, reviews and opinions, the community of knowledgeable, helpful and caring people collected here is what I enjoy the most. Long live eic.

Last edited: