What's been your iSkin revo experience?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
is it really all it's cracked up to be? Is it as protective as one may seem with the head phone jack cover and 30 pin cover? Is it bulky or does it complemt the size oc the phone well? Does the screen protector get in the way? Any other beneficial info i may need because i really want one

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
is it really all it's cracked up to be? Is it as protective as one may seem with the head phone jack cover and 30 pin cover? Is it bulky or does it complemt the size oc the phone well? Does the screen protector get in the way? Any other beneficial info i may need because i really want one

get it .. i have the black on black....
it is awsome.. i don't think that it is bulky at all.. i havr dropped my iPhone twice and nothing....

all good

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
get it .. i have the black on black....
it is awsome.. i don't think that it is bulky at all.. i havr dropped my iPhone twice and nothing....

all good
with that screen protector on, can you use the screen, or must you take the screen shield off before hand?

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I bought the Black/Blue Revo and have been using it for about a month and I really love it. I like how it shapes perfectly around the iPhone, I like that it allows me to have a better grip on my phone. At first I thought it would collect lint in my pocket and I only had that problem the first day when I took it out of the packaging, but now nothing really sticks to it. I would say the biggest downside is not being able to use the iPhone dock, but I just plug it into the travel charger when I don't feel like taking the iPhone out of the Revo case. They give you a screen protector/film that you put over your touch screen, it has a tint to it so people can't see what you're doing, but I found that I didn't like the way the screen looked with it on, I felt I wasn't getting a clear bright picture with it on and decided to remove it. It also comes with that screen shield and that's great for when you are going hands free and don't need to actually touch the screen and it reduces fingerprints because the only time you see fingerprints is when you actually have to be touching the screen.

You have to remove the shield to use the touch screen, but it easily slides off and on. And as you know, this case is a bit pricey compared to other ones in the twenty dollar range, but if you don't mind the price and if you like the way it looks and if you don't mind not being able to use the iPhone dock with the case on, then I would definitely recommend the iskin Revo.

The case I had prior to this was the Case Mate Leather case, which was good, but it started getting loose after a while and my iPhone was beginning to slide out of it at times. I don't have that problem with the Revo case at all. I don't think the Revo case is going to protect your phone much though, if you drop it, I think it's just to protect from any scratches or any surface type damages you might cause by having it in your pocket.

crewxp

Jun 30, 2007
I love this case. IMO, it's the best case out for the iPhone. It's got a screen protector that acts as a cover for the screen (it's saved me a lot from when people try to read my txt's or passwords, they just look, realize they can't see in, then give up and look away).

Aside from that, the shield (plastic cover for the front), has saved me so many times. I love it!

ps: I just got the clip for it, so that makes it a fully functional revo case. there's nothing it doesn't have! But in my opinion again, if you're deciding to get a clip or not, if you THINK you're going to use it, don't get it. If you KNOW you're going to use it, get it. I ended up not using the clip, i just thought if I would ever need it, I would have it. I just have the revo case in my pocket, it works fine just like that.

I'm still loving my Revo case. I gave up on the privacy film and rarely use the visor anymore. I just put the phone in my pocket and it's fine, no scratches on the screen.

I take the case off every weekend on my days off so I can just use it with no case. When I put it back on, it fits just as tight as day one. Good case!