What's coming next....

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So much goodness coming to the forum software in the coming months. So. Much. The resource center is humming along, so feel free to add resources or make suggestions for categories that you'd like to see. I'm thinking there are some really awesome ringtones out there that are asking to be shared.

One feature that I'm super excited about is currently in testing and I think you're going to love it.

Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 4.58.52 PM.png

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iPopuli is not what's happening next, but is still in the cards. No ETA on that. Plenty of other things on my plate for now. That's a massive and somewhat scary change. I'm not ready for it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I could have waited a bit to fill things up and do a proper launch. Bah! Let's give it a go community style.

Formal announcement coming Monday, but today you can start enjoying the new Media section here at iPopuli, ahem everythingiCafe. The initial rollout has some base wallpaper categories setup. As new content is added (by myself and members of the community), I'll add categories and keep stuff organized.

We'll also start adding categories that showcase iPhone photography. Some of our more popular threads here have been the picture threads. We need to find a way to get some of those stunning images into the gallery. With guys like Bennyboy doing some amazing things on Instagram, perhaps there are ways to integrate some of that sharing here on the eiC.

Finally, this isn't just about photos. You can add videos as well. For example, you can check out a brief history of Apple TV commercials. If you have ideas for a category, please let me know. How about a Steve Jobs category with some of his best videos?

This is just the beginning. There are some neato features coming, both to the gallery and to the forum software on a whole.

A few minor/major points:
  • Image uploads are restricted to Registered Plus members. Why? Because wallpaper sites seem to think they can drop crap images in our forums and then ask people to visit their sites for the real deal.
  • For now, I'd ask members to upload retina quality images. That's 640x1136 for iPhone and 2048x2048 for iPad.
  • Please use freely distributed images or photos/images you have created. If it has a watermark, it usually has an owner. When it comes to indie wallpaper guys, be sure to comment on the image with a link to the source as I've done here. Indie means indie, not linking to bazillionHDwallpapers100.com, who might have borrowed the image from superbazillionHD100wallpapers.com.
  • If an image gets reported/DCMA request, it will be removed by an administrator or moderator.
At some point, I'll set up a thread for Media section feedback, but for now.. use this one.

Last edited: