What's different about Mac Users

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
In another post, I polled EIC members and found that PC users were more likely to be unhappy with iPhone upgrades than Mac users.

Here's a link that describes what Mac users are like:

http://www.thestreet.com/video/10404600/index.html

Mac users are more likely to pay for their downloaded music, drive hybrid cars, have a strong need for recognition, feel more intellectually curious and have an open personality.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Saw this a few days ago on TUAW.

I must admit that I do pay for my music and I am a Starbucks nut. However, I'm not self-centered, I don't fell self-important because I'm a Mac user, or anything else from that bunch of nonsense. I just know that Mac are better.

- John

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
This made my day at work. this video is pretty funny. ever since i bought a mac i actually started buying music, you know to support the artist, plus the music quality is great compared to downloaded. and you get a book(Thats the best part The Booklet). everytime i buy a Apple product i know i will be satisfied. Thats why Mac users are super cool cause we are happy wasting 1,200 on a laptop knowing that its life span is longer than windows and dogs.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Saw this a few days ago on TUAW.

I must admit that I do pay for my music and I am a Starbucks nut. However, I'm not self-centered, I don't fell self-important because I'm a Mac user, or anything else from that bunch of nonsense. I just know that Mac are better.

- John
John, you hit the nail on the head. I've been a long-term Windows user. This past summer, I bought my first Apple computer since my II+. A powerful consideration was the constant hassle I had to endure with my Windows Mobile 5 phone, its synchronization with my PC, and the never-ending adventure of registry hacking. The key to Apple products is simplicity.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i bought an ibook once and quickly sold it. ;)

this debate is so tiring, but i always feel compelled to put in my two cents.

i'm a longtime and satisfied PC user.

i guess what i've always been taken aback by is that mac users always feel the need to let people know they own a mac. why? there's this guy on a car forum that i belong to, and in his signature he has "powered by Apple, running leopard". what the deuce? who the crap cares?

i don't think macs are better, DO anything better or last longer. they just cost more and are prettier. i can get a dell with better specs for half of what a mac would cost.

/waits for the flame war to begin. i know i'm in the wrong place to be disagreeing... :eek:

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
I sure as hell don't drive a hybrid :p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
awesome... more profiling and pigeonholing.

i guess i'm a "mac user" now, but i consider myself anything but. call it hypocritical if you like.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
I can get a dell with better specs for half of what a mac would cost.

/waits for the flame war to begin. i know i'm in the wrong place to be disagreeing... :eek:
I am a PC user and even I am smart enough not to buy a Dell. Been there done that. ;)

It seems that when buying a PC, it is buying the lesser of two evils. While I do agree that Mac has better Picture, Video and Music programs, have you ever tried playing Battlefield 2 or COD on an iMac? I will end up with a powerbook someday im sure......But I sure the hell wont drive a hybrid.:laugh2: