What's everyone using for a TO-DO list?

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Currently I'm using IProcrastinate, it does what I need it to but it doesn't have a sync to PC or some website feature (in case the iPhone crashes).

I don't mind spending money on it, I was looking at 'Things'... It'd be perfect if the desktop app required to sync it didn't cost another $40.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I'm looking at Things and Dejumble, but I think I'm going to go with Dejumble since it will be able to sync with their desktop app soon on multiple machines (I have a Mac at work and at home and want to keep everything synced between them and my iPhone). And Dejumble's desktop app is cheaper than the one for Things. I'm still trying them out, so don't have much in the way of impressions yet...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I use Things. I always pop into the app store to see what else may come out. I have not purchased the desktop app. I like the to-do on my iPhone. I do not really need it on the computer also.

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
I use ToDo by Appigo and like it a lot. Good updates and good support.

Syncs with Toodledo online.

I use it mainly for work but also to plan out the things I want to accomplish over the weekend.

Steve

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I use Thngs for todo , and Moleskinnery+ for projects that need hierarchical substeps etc

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
+1 for Todo by Appigo. I also use it with Toodledo and it's great for me because every morning, my inbox is emailed with the day's to-do items. Love it.

I am also exploring Evernote, since you can capture notes as photos. It's great to be able to write stuff down when talking to clients and then photograph the note and publish it to Evernote and I can reference my earlier discussions without having to re-transpose the whole note into digital form.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jott, nice to be able to just say your list and it transcribes it for you.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Currently I'm using IProcrastinate, it does what I need it to but it doesn't have a sync to PC or some website feature (in case the iPhone crashes).

I don't mind spending money on it, I was looking at 'Things'... It'd be perfect if the desktop app required to sync it didn't cost another $40.
I am using "Things". It rocks. And the desktop version (still in beta form) now syncs. The syncing feature is automatic and incredibly smooth.

Great program. I will glad pay $40 for it when it is released.

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
Jott, nice to be able to just say your list and it transcribes it for you.
I was using ToDo by Appigo and still do for some stuff. But I just started using Jott and the new recording interface for iPhone and it saves a lot of steps. I just push record and it does the writing for me.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
O

I'm currently looking for a to-do app and had a couple questions for you guys. First, do any of these apps you guys have mentioned, have any kind of reminder alarm? Also, for things 'not done yet', does the icon show a little number? (like unread emails etc.)

I've tried to read up on some apps, but haven't seen those features....

dsegel

Aug 13, 2008
I was using Jott but I'm kind of creeped out at the thought of somebody listening to the recordings and transcribing them. Probably shouldn't be, but I am.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I use ToDo by Appigo and like it a lot. Good updates and good support.

Syncs with Toodledo online.

I use it mainly for work but also to plan out the things I want to accomplish over the weekend.

Steve
I bought this app last night. I found that I was not using Things for work. Since the todo by appigo has a folder for work, and it syncs online, it may work better for work. I am still keeping little notebooks to keep track of work to-do's and projects. I will try using this week and see how it goes. I wish there was one perfect app for $20 rather than 2 for $10 each!

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Can't believe I overlooked Appigo's TODO (probably has something to do with the 4 other apps named Todo). Sounds perfect, it lets you have different lists (doesn't look like things has that), supports deadlines, and syncs online (for free). All that and some nifty 'completed stamps' :D.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I use Appigo's TODO as well. It has everything I need and has the notification bubble thing.

jparris1

Nov 18, 2007
Zenbe is a nice free option that syncs with an online component over the air. Works in landscape as well. Clean and simple.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
The thing with ToDo is no way to break a task into subtasks, or hierarchical structure....am I missing that somehow?!