What's going on with this video camera app?

Nov 24, 2007
whats going on with this video camrea app? i got the demo.. this done yet ?

KTORRES1120

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I have the full version but there is some pop-up saying it's illegal and the person who did it stole the code from someone else. I don't know...

It's in Installer.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The original application is a video recorder from Polar Bear Farms. It os downloaded as a demo with 5 second recording limit, which can be unlocked with an Activation Key.

The one KTORRES has is pirated version. It is the same application, but has no recording time limit. It is distributed by the BigBoss source. It is stolen software, which is illegal.

- John

KTORRES1120

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Where does the Installer program come from? They shouldn't allow illegal apps to be in there. I just uninstalled it just because it seems like the right thing to do.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Installer is software from Nullriver, Inc. Unfortunately, it isn't part of an 'official' way of getting 3rd Party Apps, so illegal apps will get in.

- John

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok so the one from Polar Bear Farm’s is the real one ? because i DL that one, and i downloaded one calledshowtime unlimited and i can recored longer then 5 or 30 sec.
i didn't put in any key

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
ShowTime Unlimited is the pirated application.

- John

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
then were do i get the real one ? i don't think i have the source for it
i don't know were to find it lol

KTORRES1120

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
There is no REAL one. There is the Demo one and then the pirated unlimited version.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
im talking abotu when it comes out, were do i get the demo from and were will i get drunkbass from ? what source ?

Nov 21, 2007
quit crying

:(

You guys need to shut the hell up you guys sound like a bunch of over grown crying babies. who gives a f it that crap is stolen his ass was dumb enough to come out with a 5 second demo instead of coming out with the real thing and someone smarter came out with a longer version and now he's crying someone stole his idea, and u guys talking about not doing things illegal don't you know jailbreaking a phone unauthorized by the company is illegal? So think about the dumb crap say before u put it out there! Sorry people for the incovenient i had to check these dumb kids

KTORRES1120

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Uh, where does it say that it is illegal for me to do whatever the hell I want to do with my iPhone that I purchased with my money? At most my warranty would be void. Who cares. Unless I'm missing something here, if i want to use my iPhone to wipe my ass, that is my god given right. And if I'm ignorant about these laws, then I apologize.

Oh and just to clarify, I'm talking about jailbreaking to add 3rd party apps, not unlocking to use with another carrier. I have ATT.

Oh and,

"the iPhone's firmware is protected by the Copyright Act, and circumventing the access controls in place to get at that code is a voilation of the DMCA. However, the Copyright Office issued six exemptions to the DMCA last year, one of which allows consumers to unlock their cellphones "for the sole purpose of lawfuly connecting to a wireless telephone communication network."

It's not even against the law to unlock the phone. Engadget has some articles related to it and all say that as long as it is for your own personal use, then go right ahead.

Ok, I'm done.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
If he stole the code from the other guy (highly doubtful) then that would be immoral and probably illegal. If he just copied the guys idea (everyone already thought of it anyways) there shouldn't be a problem. I just don't think he stole the source because you can't get that through installer. And the guy wouldn't have released it if he wanted to make a shareware version. The whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
well we never no what each update will bring or Apple could just b waiting for the sdk to release in feb so they can make a few bucks off everyone downloading somthing that should have been included on day one