What's the best cloud service?

• Thread starter orionhunter1986
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
O

orionhunter1986

Does anyone know what's or what are the best cloud services out there? They got to be located somewhere in USA, UK, or Canada.

Merlynmac

Aug 1, 2012
I have DropBox, Box.com and am in the beta for Bitcasa. I love DopBox's integration with practically everything including many of the iOS and OS X apps I use (1Password is one of them). Box.com I got simply because of their free space offer but I have yet to use it. Bitcasa is awesome! I have almost a terabyte in the cloud at the moment and being able to access it from anywhere is great. The beta is currently free but the plans are to charge $10 a month for the service for unlimited storage and I plan to pay it. I can invite a few more people to the beta (limit is 10 and I've already shared with a few) so if you want to try it let me know.

abnvet

Bronze
Dec 24, 2009
I use Dropbox. Have it on pc, iPhone and iPad. Pretty good and many applications allow you to connect to your Dropbox account.

iNotes4You

Bronze
Dec 8, 2012
GERMANY
iNotes4You.com
You cannot generally say what the best cloud service is.
If you want to save your files on a high security level use WUALA, CH.
If you want high performance, perfect usability and support from most of the apps connecting to cloud storages use Dropbox.

If you have much time use the free 25 GB of Microsoft's SkyDrive with a really poor performance.

If you need more than the offered free space of Dropbox look at this table.
I investigated all these informations for my blog.
You can also see which provider offers WebDAV supported by several apps for iOS devices including Apple's iWork suite.

Attachments

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
You cannot generally say what the best cloud service is.
If you want to save your files on a high security level use WUALA, CH.
If you want high performance, perfect usability and support from most of the apps connecting to cloud storages use Dropbox.

If you have much time use the free 25 GB of Microsoft's SkyDrive with a really poor performance.

If you need more than the offered free space of Dropbox look at this table.
I investigated all these informations for my blog.
You can also see which provider offers WebDAV supported by several apps for iOS devices including Apple's iWork suite.
+1

Sent using iCafe app

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
The Best from a security/technical standpoint is one thing. I/We just offer our opinions here on what works best for our lives. I don't have top secret classified documents to hide. So I'm good with paid storage services.

Sent using iCafe app

iNotes4You

Bronze
Dec 8, 2012
GERMANY
iNotes4You.com
Agree target.
That's why I tried to describe the different requirements which have to be considered when using a cloud.
We all know that in most cases clouds with a lower security level fit.
Relevant documents have to be stored locally. As we all know no provider can guarantee the security. So there is only one important criterion left: support of the cloud by apps. And there is definitely just one provider left: Dopbox.

Mugwhamp

Bronze
Jan 3, 2012
I use Dropbox, Skydrive, and Evernote. I find myself using Evernote more and more due to superior search and unlimited storage (though 60mb upload limit per month).

Sent using iCafe app