What's the best rugged case for iPhone 5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by budala15, Mar 19, 2014.

1. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I'm going to buy my 11 year old an iPhone 5C. What is the best rugged case that I can buy? He tends to drop his phone once in a while...

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you have a price range in mind? I am going to, again, say the Otterbox Defender. It's not 100% dirt free, but it is inexpensive and it protects the whole iPhone, and from small drops the iPhone and the case shouldn't be dropped from my experiences. Also with all Otterbox cases, if you notice any issues with the case or even just minor things, practically anything, they will send you a new one for no cost, as long as you show photos of ownership of the case.

3. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I ordered a green 5C. Would the green Defender match well?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The case that I looked at on eBay of the green Defender looked to be lighter than the green 5C. It's all in preference. By match do you mean exact same color and all?

5. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

Correct. I was just going to get the black one, but then I noticed the green one.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have a black Otterbox case on my iPhone 5 black iPhone. You won't be able to see the actual iPhone anyways, just the screen. The case covers the whole iPhone. Buttons and all.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The Otterbox Defender for the 5c is different than all the others. There's a cut out hole over the home button that appears to allow more dust and debris between the screen and screen protector. Many say they have to clean it once a week. Many also complain the protective screen does not lay flush with the screen. I'll be ordering a rugged case for my wife's new 5c today. I'm taking the reviews with a grain of salt and ordering the Otterbox Defender. There's not a lot to choose from that offers a built in screen. The Lifeproof fre looks nice, as it shows the back side of the phone. But it too seems to have issues with the protective screen being flush with the screen.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I just ordered my wife's new iPhone 5c. It's a 32 gb model and was free with Verizon. I ordered the Otterbox Defender for it.