What's the best thing you've won?

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
I won a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans on the radio this morning!

What's the best thing you've ever won? :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Wow, I have to go WAY back for my entry. When I was a teen I caddied at a local golf course. One of the golfers I caddied for made the final of the club championship. He lost, but he was a super nice guy and he gave me a set of woods for caddying for him throughout the tournament. They were a good set too - one I never could've afforded on my own.

I don't know if that counts as winning in the same vein as intended, but it's all I got. :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I won the iWork iOS Suite right here in an eiC contest awhile back, around the time iPad 1 came out. I never ended up getting an iPad, but since then the apps have been updated to work on iPhone too! I also just won a license for SMS+ on Twitter but I'm sticking with BiteSMS.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
About 10k on Texas hold'em in Atlantic city and pokerstars online in one year. The pokerstars one was the best one thou. Pokerstars gave me $10 of free money. I wasn't going to play there anymore but 10 bucks why not. I was down to my last $3 so I went to play a sit and go, It was $2 plus 40 cents. Won 7 of those in a row, took all my money to a 2-4 no limit table, got all the way up to $325, couple hours later it was 3 of us that went all in on the craziest hand I ever played, I had 3 aces on the flop, another player had 3 kings on the flop and another 3 queens, now I'm up to $989, played couple more hours and finally took my money out at 1,700. sent the money to my mom in Italy :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nine years ago, I put $8 on the number 31 on a roulette table and won $280.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I stood over by the bar and watched the wheel for a while. It tended to hit 31 a lot. I knew that it was no more likely to hit 31 than any other number on that particular spin, according to odds and probability, but I gave it a shot anyway. I used the money to buy a surround sound receiver and speakers.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
The only thing I remember ever winning was a bag of candy at a carneval
My hubby won a grill once in a raffle (the week after we just had bought a new one)
My kid so he has a list of items T-shirts, DVD's, $$$, the biggest thing he won I would say is the Camping set ..Tent, sleeping bags, air matress, smore's & cooking set and a great backpack to carry some items in.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
The heart of the girl i love! (well still working on that one)

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Back then 10 cents got you 5 pieces if gum!

The biggest thing I've ever won was, the gift if life. :)

In reality, the biggest thing I've ever won was a private seat with 4 friends at a table at lunch in 6th grade. And we got to go first in line! The smallest thing ive won was a piece of candy for playing a game, the most recent one being winning heads or bobos in science. I got sweetarts!

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Back then 10 cents got you 5 pieces if gum!

The biggest thing I've ever won was, the gift if life. :)

In reality, the biggest thing I've ever won was a private seat with 4 friends at a table at lunch in 6th grade. And we got to go first in line! The smallest thing ive won was a piece of candy for playing a game, the most recent one being winning heads or bobos in science. I got sweetarts!
Back then you didn't exist.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I won an iPod touch about 3 years ago in a raffle at work. Spent $20 on raffle tickets and won. I didn't even like Apple products then so I sold it and bought an Evo on my old sprint plan. Boy have my technology preferences changed sine then. Im now all Mac! Love my iPhone 4 on Verizon and my MBP at home with a docking station. Just waiting for the right time to get an Air now.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
About two years ago, I won an iPod Touch in a raffle at work. That's about the biggest ticket item I can remember winning.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Why would you need an Air if you already have a MacBook Pro? I'd go for the new iPad when it comes out if I were you.
Not really into the iPads since I have an iPhone already. I love the MBP, but it's our only computer at the house so I can't just take it with me any time I want. I like the power of the new airs, and their sleek design.