What's the best way to switch phones?

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
With my new phone coming tomorrow I was wondering what the best way to switch over to it without loosing all my settings and email accounts is? Is it just a simm swap?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
With my new phone coming tomorrow I was wondering what the best way to switch over to it without loosing all my settings and email accounts is? Is it just a simm swap?
Back up your current phone in iTunes, it is usually done during a sync but you can do it by right clicking on your phone in the left hand side and choosing just back up iPhone. When you get the new one just restore it from a the back up and sync back your apps, music, etc. Although your apps won't be in the same order and way you organized them you could take screen shots(press home and power for a second on each screen) so you remember how you had them. And just restore the old phone so nothing of yours if on it.

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
That's what I thought! Thanks! Do I need to swap out the sim card before the restore?

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
don't swap out the sim card. the 3GS will come with a sim already installed and it'll just activate to your account. just restore from backup and go.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
AT&T told me that if you already have a 3G sim you can just use it. If you use the new one you will have to call them to activate the new sim.