What's the first thing you're going to try out on your new iPhone 6s/6s Plus?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My latest update from UPS. As of 4:50pm my iPhone 6s+'s have arrived in Newark! :eek::D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OMG!!!
Sharunda's anticipation and excitement has made me wonder about something.

What is the first thing you're going to try out on your new iPhone 6s or 6s Plus after you power it on?

Could it be...
  • trying out one of the included motion wallpapers?
  • taking and enjoying a Live Photo?
  • taking a selfie in the dark to see how well that improvised front flash thingie really works?
  • taking a 63-megapixel panoramic photo of the uncommonly picturesque quarry in your neighborhood?
  • opening 25 Safari tabs at once and seeing how smoothly you can switch between them?
  • calling out Siri's name to see if she really is alert and attentive 24/7?
  • doing something involving 3D Touch?
Note that you will not be penalized if you decide to list more than one task, but please keep your responses down to a reasonable number—in the single digits would be preferable.

radtechy01

Bronze
Jun 1, 2015
I'm trying to press and hold the icons in different ways to use 3D Touch and it's just wiggling them like if I want to love them. It's enabled and I toggled it off and on again and tried it on messages which I know has the feature

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm trying to press and hold the icons in different ways to use 3D Touch and it's just wiggling them like if I want to love them. It's enabled and I toggled it off and on again and tried it on messages which I know has the feature
I found that you have to press harder than you'd think to activate 3D Touch. I may change the settings.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It has to do with the amount of pressure you put on the screen, rather than the length of time of your touch.

I don't have a device yet to try it and give you tips, but try watching this video and see if it helps.

http://www.slate.com/articles/video...ration_shows_3d_touch_are_more_in_action.html